Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrynsmom

Exchanges

wrynsmom
13 years ago

Has anyone else noticed how DEAD the "exchanges" side of the forum is, this year? What the heck?! Last year, there were TONS of posts . . . and this year . . . NOTHING! What's up, people?! Doesn't anyone want any new hoya? Start WANTing and HAVEing!!!!

:) Carolyn

Comments (14)

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

Hi Carolyn,

I've noticed that too! I would like more hoyas but I have that common problem: out of space! However, I'll be doing a couple trades here soon. In fact, I should be getting a box in the mail tommorrow! BTW, how's those cuttings coming along that I sent you?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Doing great! Everyone has rooted and is producing new growth. :) Thanks again, Brad

Carolyn

• tigerdawn
    13 years ago

I'm not 'supposed' to be getting any more plants so I only have been trading when I see someone mention in a thread that they'd like something I have.

DH- "It has to stop somewhere. Are you going to fill up the entire house?!"

Me- "That's the general idea."

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hahaha! Good answer!

He shouldn't complain . . . Does you house smell like a shallow lake? I started using the fish poo fertilizer . . . not my greatest idea! Yuck!!!! Thank god it's deodorized. I don't even want to know what the non-deodorized stuff smells like!!!!!

Carolyn

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Well, for the most part I don't have anything big enough for trading. That's the sad truth. Trades are lots of fun, and I've got some nice things to trade, but seeing as how I got a lot of them from trades to begin with, they are almost all small. But hey, I gotta say, I'm quite thankful for my African violets, because trading some baby plants of those for hoya cuttings started me down this slippery slope to begin with ; )

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Haha. I just got here so I didn't want my entrance to be: Hey, I'm Jessica, give me your plants!

( Instead my entrance has been: Hey, I'm Jessica, my posts are way too long )

Maybe we need to start a Hoya white elephant game. (That's as far as my brilliance goes, btw, I haven't figured out how to execute it.) Hoya secret santa...

• tigerdawn
    13 years ago

How about this: Hey Jessica, would you like some of my plants? ...I have a shimmery philodendron...

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ahhaha! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Carolyn

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

woohoo! Lay it on me Tiger! I am jonesing to see what this unexpectedly sparkly Philodendron is all about! Do you have something special you're looking for?

Carolyn, I think you have your new career as a mad scientist matchmaker all laid out for you here. You just have to work on your triumphant cackle.

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mwah-ha . . . mwah-ha-HA . . .MWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

lol! I stand corrected. No work neccessary. I'm imagining you as an Island of Dr. Moreau type of mad scientist/matchmaker. Probably because as far as I know, you always have a bird on your shoulder.

Also, I think you should get:

1 point for every person who walks away w/ a Hoya.
    2 points for every person who walks away with a non-Hoya plant.
    3 points for every person who walks away with a kitten.
    10 points for every person who walks away with someone else's first born.

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

I jumped over to exchanges after reading this rather amusing thread, which I thought might ignite a flurry of exchange posts. But, nope ,,, still dead!!

And somehow I don't think "Have: ridiculous amounts of Hoya Var. Carnosa" is going to liven it up any (and right now that's all I got to offer). :)

• AndrewH
    13 years ago

You never know, jlt. I'm sure there must be someone who doesn't yet have a variegated carnosa!

• tigerdawn
    13 years ago

Here's a picture of P. brantianum (pardon the mess)

{{gwi:84785}}

I looked at your trade page and was blown away! I'll have to do some research and get back to you.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions