Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyknits

Hoya publicalyx Bright One

kellyknits
12 years ago

Posted pictures of the buds last week. It opened over the weekend. Not as "bright" as I remember it being last year! Love the white hairy outline!

Comments (13)

• paul_
    12 years ago

Excellant sharp pics, Kelly! Those are the type of pics vendors love to showcase their wares. :)

As far as a color difference, any chance the lighting was a bit different this time compared to last?

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Those are Gorgeous Kelly...I agree with Paul! You have a way with the camera, very sharp picture for sure. Beautiful photo!!

• Denise
    12 years ago

Ooo-la-la, Kelly! My first buds of 'Bright One' just opened up today, so your post is very timely. I never get tired of that typical musky-sweet scent of pubicalyx. And I agree - you have a way with the camera!

Denise in Omaha

• jakalfoshakal
    12 years ago

beautiful photos kelly! cant wait to get some blooms now:)

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

Very pretty! One of these days one of my pubicalyxes will bloom for me. I am eyeing Pink Silver in particular. That one looks like an octopus taking over my kitchen. I just love how hoya flowers look so fuzzy.

• kellyknits
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hmmmmm...here's a picture from last year. Paul, it did bloom at a different time last year, so it may have been getting slightly different light!

This is one of 3 publicalyx I have. Also have Red Buttons and a dark purple hybrid. Has anyone seen the later bloom?

Thanks for the compliments! This is an easy one to photograph as the flowers are a decent size! Plus, it's outside which helps!

• rennfl
    12 years ago

Love the pics. And especially the white outline of the flowers.

• lightning96
    12 years ago

Beautiful!!!!

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Nice photographs, Kelly! Don't you ever wish you could negotiate a trade with the vendors? Photos for periodic free cuttings! Maybe you could even get a trip/tour out of it, in my fantasy world!

That's right, I don't call the shots in my fantasy world.

I'm not sure what dark purple publicalyx hybrid you speak of!

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Bealutiful bloom. I love the little fuzzy hairs on the edge.

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

How pretty! I'm waiting on my pubicalyx- any of them- to get big enough to bloom.

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Hi GG, not Kelly...but I do have a pubicalyx 'chimera' that I would call sort of "purplish" color. I've also seen some 'Royal Hawaiian purple' or Red buttons have this type of shade although my RHP blooms looks almost identical to my 'pink silver' which is closer to Kelly's color.

Kelly, I do agree that light probably has a lot to do with the different shades of color blooms. Even with this exact hoya I notice I have different shades of blooms at different times of the year.

Here's a bloom from my 'chimera'

• kellyknits
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Pug!

Check the Liddle Catalog for the publicalyx purple hybrid. I don't have the catalog handy, but I think it's in there, although that's not where I got mine.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions