Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suetran1

Hoya lasiantha pictures

suetran1
11 years ago

I'd like to share some pictures from hoya lasiantha, bought a cutting from TG few years ago. I almost lost it, but it came back. It had flower a few time, but it can not hold it's buds. This is my first time to see it open, so beautiful.

Thanks you for looking

sue

AND I JUST DREAMING ANOTHER LASIANTHA IN THIS COLOR,

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Comments (11)

• grubworm
    11 years ago

Gorgeous blooms and some terrific photos of them.

• emt23
    11 years ago

So beautiful! Most rewarding with hoyas, they are an adventure to get into bloom!

• mitzicos
    11 years ago

Sue,

Beautiful pictures and gorgeous plant! Very nice!
    Do you mind to explain to me more about the buds that never flowered, how long it happen? I have a javanica that is full of buds but they're always aborting.... it was a cut and it is in soil since Aug, 2011, and wonder what is happening.

Thank you

Mitzi

• suetran1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks you everyone for the compliments.

Mitzi: I grow javanica or multiflora and lasiantha the same way, A LOT OF WATER. My pot have a dish together, I put about 1" sphagnum moss under the plastic pot and add water. The sphagnum moss keep water longer 3,4 day in the summer and you do not worry about overwater it.
    I have nutricote fertilizer slow-release on the top, and spray blooming fertilizer 1/week for every plant in the summer.

• mdahms1979
    11 years ago

That's beautiful Sue, congratulations. This is one of those fussy species that either does very well or it lets you know it's not quite happy.

The red flowers would be amazing. Did you up the colour saturation in that photo?

Mike

• suetran1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Mike, thanks you.

Yah, I used photoshop to change the last picture. I just love it.

sue

• dutchplant
    11 years ago

Beautiful plant & flowers Sue! This one or javanica or multiflora is still on my wishlist, I hope I can buy one someday- not available at the moment here in Holland. If the moment is there, I'm gonna remember you're sphagnum tip!

Ingrid

• mitzicos
    11 years ago

Sue,

I read on facebook in one of the hoya's club that a Thai girl had the same problem that I do, and she said that after she moved her plant to hydroponic they start blooming all the time, so it defenitely loves a lot of water.

Thank you for the tip, I'll cut a piece of mine and will make the test!

Mitzi

• mitzicos
    11 years ago

Sue,

I read on facebook in one of the hoya's club that a Thai girl had the same problem that I do, and she said that after she moved her plant to hydroponic they start blooming all the time, so it defenitely loves a lot of water.

Thank you for the tip, I'll cut a piece of mine and will make the test!

Mitzi

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

@ Sue

I love your photos! You are so good at taking a series of photos showing the evolution of a flower. Even though I am lucky to be sitting next to a small forest of my own lasiantha blooms, I found that I appreciated their plasticy folded petals more after looking at your post. Isn't the fragrance nice, too? I often sniff these, even though you have to get close.

Thanks also for the sphagnum tip. That's a good idea for sensitive plants you aren't interested in converting to hydro.

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

Sue, that is just BEAUTIFUL!! I'm really running out of room for any more hoyas...but I 'might' have to find room for that one,lol...the blooms are just amamzing! Thanks for sharing!!