Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody's Kerris going Wild???

Posted by pirate_girl Zone7 NYC (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 23:23

Hello Everybody,

Happy Summer. I've been enjoying (along w/ the pix of so many folks' gorgeous blooms, sigh...) that many of my Hoyas are putting on new growth. The Kerriis in particular have really been amazing. I have 2, in 2 different rooms. A week or 2 ago I noticed they'd each put on 3 new leaves in about 7-10 days time, large leaves, like the size of my palms. I thought that was a lot of material to produce in such a short time.

Well today, after work I come home to find that my hydro one, in full sun, West window put on another foot of vine & 3 peduncles, 2 budding up! I don't have pix yet, but am surprised & so excited. These guys came out of nowhere & FAST.

photo P1060547.jpg

It's this crazy thing, pic from 2 yrs. ago, I can't wait. Of course I'll post updates. I noticed today, that this plant which has always had solid green leaves, now has some speckled leaves, which it never had before. Curious.

Good Growing everybody!

This post was edited by pirate_girl on Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 23:42

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody's Kerris going Wild???

Hi Karen! Glad to see your kerriis are producing monstrous growth! I've told my husband several times this spring that this seems to be a stellar year for my Hoyas. I've not figured out if it's good vibes, something in the air, the sunshine is brighter, or if I've gotten better at this. Whatever it is, I'm loving it!

Denise in Omaha

o

Very pretty! I love Kerrii blooms. Please post pics when they bloom! Hopefully yours has reached the mature age to bloom more consistently.
Congratulations!

o

I agree that this seems to be a great year for hoyas. All the new ones, I've received this spring and summer are taking off really well. Even the ones I haven't been so successful with in the past,..

o

Thanks everybody, it's interesting, semi-bizarre monster indeed.

Here's what it looks like now. Sorry for dark silhouette, but it was too dark or such bright glare, impossible to see.

photo P1110111_zps4233a6f3.jpg

The new growth is up on top, the climbing part.

photo P1110106_zps0672fff4.jpg

Such cool, large leaves & their surprise

photo P1110109_zps0c6cf1de.jpg

This is the only Hoya I've ever bloomed from scratch, so I'm extra thrilled. Here's hoping the rest of mine are paying attention!

photo P1110119_zps97d0f764.jpg

It's really inspiring to see so many folks' plants & their spectacular blooms. Thanks for the shows everybody & Happy Summer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here