Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think my Hoya's dying, is there any chance of help?

Posted by JaneDarb Canberra (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 0:25

Hi

I bought a cute little heart shaped hoya (yes I was sucked in by the Valentine's day gimmick) but it seems to be dying or have some kind of fungus. Just wondering if there is any hope for saving my hoya? I have attached a photo to show the problem.

Cheers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think my Hoya's dying, is there any chance of help?

No, sorry, I don't think so. Mix is all wrong, looks like pure peat. Highly unlikely it will ever do anything other than grow roots to nowhere (that don't grow into an actual plant).

I am someone who persuaded my local supermarket to stop selling these Valentine's Day ripoffs which they had more than 5 yrs. ago for $12 a pop. They are designed to fail.

o

Wow what a rip off. I think I would complain to the store where you bought it. Even if it has been awhile tell them what PG said. Even if you don't get a refund at least you can vent off.

o

Jane,

Contact me through this site and I will be happy to send you a kerrii for the cost of postage.

Denise in Omaha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here