My carnosas are all babies so not sure but the shiny leaf one

not available but love the look of them all

australis i have tenuipes i think lol but lisa looks cool

all of the pubicalyx look great and have some still babies but grow well

cross noelle,pinkie,ruthie

others i really want cinnamomfolia,archiboldania,and alot more

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Favorite Carnosa - I would have to say 'Chelsea' or one of the variegated compactas 'Regalis'

Favorite Lacunosa - 'Royal Flush' probably since it is so variable, maybe I would be a big fan of 'Eskimo'

Favorite Australis - I only have Tenuipes and have never seen any of the others in person. 'Lisa' is an attractive variegate IMHO

Favorite Publicalyx - I do not own any of these nor have I seen any in person. Somebody can tell me which one I like the most. I like splashy leaves and I like dark blooms that look like imp hats.

Favorite Cross - 'Royal Flush' is technically a cross so I would have to say I am fond of that one. Also 'Jennifer' has a stunning bloom. I owned a Lacunosa x Obscura that was very stunning in leaf. The features that I particularly enjoyed where the convex leaves that were colored bright/light green. It was not 'Sunrise' which is also a Lacunosa/Obscura cross. I think 'Sunrise' is Lacunosa crossed with Obscura IML 1003. The cross that I had was probably Lacunosa crossed with Obscura IML 0234.

OT - I have 4 lemons GG, still babies though.

-David

• tammypie
    12 years ago

Let's see... my favorite Carnosa is my Krimson Queen; Lacunosa is Tove, I have Australis but don't which one and used to have a Pubicalyx.

When I lived in Hawthorne, my elderly neighbor who lived across the street had a very old hoya growing in the backyard in a makeshift hothouse. One day I asked for a cutting and she said yes. I took it home and planted it. It took and made large speckled leaves. Never knew what it was as it never bloomed. When we moved, it disappeared (my guess it was thrown away by DL in all the moving hassle). That was one of my all time favorite hoyas.

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Okay...here's mine:

Which is your favorite carnosa? Mine is a tie between Krimson Queen and 'moteskie. Love the leaves and blooms equally on both of them.

Which is your favorite lacunosa? I would have to pick 'royal flush' for the speckled leaves reddish new growths and vines, the light pink blooms are pretty as well.

Which is your favorite australis? 'Lisa' for the beautiful variegated leaves and I love how some of the new growths get red.

Which is your favorite publicalyx? 'royal hawaiian purple' for the reds, maroon and sometimes purplish leaves and the blooms are very pretty and HUGE!
    Which is your favorite cross?

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Favorite carnosa would have to be my plain old green carnosa (Krimson Queen being a close second).

I've only had one lacunosa and I really miss the fragrance but I'll be (hopefully soon) getting cuttings of Royal Flush.

I only have australis spp. tenuipes and they're cuttings right now. They are growing though :).

Pubicalyx would have to be either of the Dragons. I've only seen the flowers of Red Buttons in person and they were beautiful.

I've never grown a cross so I can't comment on that one. My favorites that I've seen are Mathilde and cv. Sunrise.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• wrynsmom
    12 years ago

Which is your favorite carnosa?
    motoskei
    Which is your favorite lacunosa?
    all of them - but my best bloomers are 'Ruby Sue' and 'Snow Caps'
    Which is your favorite australis?
    'Kapoho' but mine died
    Which is your favorite publicalyx? 'Splash'
    Which is your favorite cross? so far? . . . I don't know . . .Kinda partial to 'Ruthie'

You forgot favorite Eriostemma!!! Mine is obtusifolioides 'Apple Green'!!!!! :) Truly my favorite WEED!!! And it grows like one, too!

Carolyn

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh man! Favorite eriostemma is an excellent category! And obtusifolioides 'Apple Green' is my favorite too, even though I haven't laid eyes on it in person yet. I knew I'd forget some good categories!

I got my 'Kapoho' from you! I'll have to send you some back! I wish I'd noticed sooner that it fell off your list. v_V

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

I like the plain old Hoya carnosa the most although Hoya carnosa var. carnosa is a plant I would love to grow but it's leaves are quite plain. There are some very heavily speckled forms of carnosa that would be fun to grow but I have never seen one in person. Check Hoyor.net and the last photo for Hoya carnosa.

I like Hoya lacanosa Langkawi Island although I don't grow it myself. I have a plain green lacanosa as well as lacanosa Giant and Ruby Sue and of those I think I like Giant the most.

I only have Hoya australis subsp. australis but I am going to say it's my favorite because I love it's small fuzzy leaves although I have read that it's not an easy bloomer.

I like all of the pubicalyx varieties but of the two I have I think I will like the Red Buttons flowers more although my plant is still too small to bloom.

I only grow one hybrid and that it Mathilde so I guess it's my favorite. I do like this Hoya for it's dainty little round leaves and it grows well.

Mike

• klyde
    12 years ago

Have you tried a couple of calcium/magnesiums around dinner time?

Kelly in Victoria who often has trouble sleeping...

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Favorite carnosa?--It would have to be plain old carnosa. It always blooms for me.

Favorite lacunosa? I guess it would be 'Royal Flush' because of the leaaves.

Favorite australis? I don't know which it is. Came with label 'Keysii', but it's probably teunipes.

Favorite publicalyx? My favorite is Pink Silver. Love the flowers and the fragrance.

Favorite cross? I don't have any cross hoya. So I don't have a favorite yet.

There should be a catagory for Favorite Hoya. - My favorite would have to be any from the finlaysonii complex. After seeing pictures posted here, they are on the top pf my "Most Wanted' list.

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    12 years ago

carnosa: 'Krinkle 8'
    lacunosa: 'Snow Caps'
    australis: ssp. sanae (This plant has the most stunning pointy fuzzy leaves. ssp. rupicola is very fun and interesting too.)
    publicalyx: 'Black Dragon'
    cross: cv. Joy (I'm off my rocker excited about getting to know cv. Christine soon, tho. ^_^)

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh and Kelly... thanks for the advice! :D

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

Favorite carnosa? Well thats a hard question - I love them all.... I like my plain old carnosa cause it blooms for me... but I love the variagated carnosa because the leaves are beautiful.. I havent seen it bloom yet...

Favorite lacunosa? Well I LOVE snow caps but have yet to get one... the liddles didnt have one when I ordered.. BUT I LOVE the lacunosa (Plain old) because I HAVE one and it is beautiful and has just started flowering for me

Favorite australis? how can you pick a favorite - they are all beautiful

Favorite publicalyx? Hard question... I own pink silver, pink silver splash, and just got as a cutting RHP.... havent had the chance to smell the fragrance YET!!

Favorite cross? Cross between Mathlide and serpens... I love the small leaf varieties...

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Which is your favorite carnosa? Krimson Queen, hands down. I love that the leaves sometimes start out so deeply red.

Which is your favorite lacunosa? I think the 'Poonsak' variety is my favorite.

Which is your favorite australis? I love my 'Lisa'. My tenuipes refuses to grow at all, so it's on my naughty list right now.

Which is your favorite publicalyx? Right now it is 'Pink Silver', but RHP is coming in a VERY close second. Love all that purple new growth.

Which is your favorite cross? I don't actually own any crosses yet, so I can't say. I'll have to do more research.

I really love these types of questions:) Thanks, GG!