Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two newbies

Posted by laura1 9aTpa,FL (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 10:23

I lost so many hoyas during back to back hard winters I kind of gave up and stuck to my really tough survivors. But getting back on the gardening forums has got me excited about hoyas again.
Here are H. pubicalyx cv. chimera and H. macrophylla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two newbies

beautiful! I too lost some due to severe illness, and getting back into it seriously now

:)

o

Laura,

It's good to hear you're getting back onto the Hoya horse! Your Hoyas look amazing. I think you'll have a gaggle of Hoyas before you know it! I'd be happy to send you some cuttings to help you get restarted.

Denise in Omaha

o

Wow! That Macrophylla Variegated is Gorgeous! Is that a new purchase? That is one of my favorite Hoyas!! :)

o

thanks for your offer Denise but I have so many plants that I need to winter protect it gets to be too much. I keep all my plants outside and we have this hot/cold thing all winter so it is a constant dragging them in and out of the house etc. The thing is that those plants that died didn't die of the cold they died from lack of water. Shame on me.

Also...I have a decent source of hoyas that are only $6 and no postage!

FYI Denise I am still growing some plants that we traded a few years back

o

I suspect I rec'd some plants/cuttings from Denise some years back, but can't be sure :)

I am interested in a $6 source! Are you able to share?

o

there is a guy that propagates hoyas and I assume he donates them the the University of South Florida Botanical gardens. he has a pretty good selection. I don't think that USF ships they have enough to do around there as it is. Most work is done by volunteers. But if you are ever in the area...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here