Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth7happy

yet another addiction

beth7happy
9 years ago

They do creep up on you unknowingly, right?? It all started about 50 years ago, give or take. A friend's mom offered me a very small plant so, of course, I took it home and put it in the house...forgot about it, but my folks did not! They cared for and nurtured that plant..I remember it got huge. Long since they left the homestead and have moved on to much Higher Ground! But...my sisters have been keeping it going. I'd really pretty much forgotten about it til I visited one sis about two years ago..realized that it was the plant from 'WAY back when and brought a cutting home with me...snipped it into four or five pieces and stuck them on my patio. It was at that point that I realized I already had three or four different hoya (how did THAT happen!???) so these new ones from my heritage now joined a growing family.

Really, I've not paid much attention...they are lovely and give fragrant flowers...have had birds nest in them...easy care and green. What's not to love!?? But, now I suddenly realize that in this love affair, I don't know much about them!! So......my first question is:

How long are you supposed to let those tendril or branches, or whatever they are called...get?? I have some dragging on the ground..I wind them up and around and around...all kinds of tangles! Is there a rule book for the proper care and feeding of hoya????

Comments (4)