Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya Hunting Again

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 12:00

Hi everyone,

I have re-written my hoya wish list. Here's the ones that have charmed me into wanting them. These aren't in order.

Obovata x carnosa
cv. Sunrise
limoniaca
diversifolia
mindorensis
(cv.?)Minibelle
verticillata

Which of these are the quickest to bloom? I read all are easy to grow and are good bloomers. My top three are Sunrise, mindorensis and obovata x carnosa.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya Hunting Again

Be vewwy vewwy quiet... I'm hunting hoyas! No, I guess it doesn't work quite as well, ha.

I also am thinking of getting limoniaca and mindorensis. Maybe Minibelle as well. I thought I heard that mindorensis grows well, but is a little slow to flower? The rest I'm not sure about. Good luck with your hunt!

o

"Be vewwy vewwy quiet... I'm hunting hoyas!" LOL I loved watching Looney Tunes!

Good luck with your hunt too, Quinn!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

A hoya hunting we will go....A hoya hunting we will go...high ho a dairy-o, a hoya hunting we will go......

Diversifolia is a thick stemed hard to train, easy to break,not so easy to bloom hoya. Which is why I probably have four of them. Three are rather large and only one has bloomed so far. If your still set on owning this one let me know.

A good hoya to add to your list that blooms easily and constantly would be H.campforifolia. Once it starts blooming it doesn't know when to stop!

Regina

o

Hi Regina,

I read up about camphorifolia and found out that it has a scent reminicent of sweaty socks! However, the scent is very faint, so I may have to take it into consideration. The flowers are pretty though!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I've been having trouble getting my little camphorifolia to root . . . the leaves just keep trying to curl up and die! Is there a trick to this hoya?

Carolyn

o

I've not had any problems rooting campforifolia. Did you use a good rooting hormone? I've rooted it in both the chunky mix and moss....likes to be a little on the dryer side during rooting tho, and mist it daily lightly until rooted. Grows very similiar to fitchii, if you can root that one you can root campforifolia.....

As for the scent...I don't detect one....but then I don't stick my nose in it either and both of my big plants are just covered with umbels......sooo if it smells like sweaty socks I don't smell it. This plant is one that is also known for it's foliage rather than it's scent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here