Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
update on my plant children!

Posted by amber_m 5 (ambermcmyne@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 12:31

ok so ive gone through and taken a ton of pics for you all to see how well my green children are doing...

lacunosa 'ruby sue'

h. aldrichii

h. acuta varegata

h. australis ssp. brookfield

h. bella and shockingly enough a pundicule!!!

h. cagayensis

h. carnosa

h. chelsea

more to come in a few minutes...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update on my plant children!

ok heres some more....

h. cumingiana... and a pundicule!

h. cv. iris marie

h. cv. mathilde

h. cv. minibelle

h. diptera

h. ds-70 purple

h. ds-70

h. fitchii

h. fungii

h. heushkeliama

h. javanica

even more still to come...

o

h. lacunosa (speckled leaves)

h. lacunosa

h. lacunosa

h. macrophylia

h. memoria

h. merrillii

h. micrantha

h. myrmecopia

h. nummularioides

h. obscura (green)

h. obscura (red)

o

h. oreogena iml-1073

h. pallida

h. pentaphlabia (it used to have more red on it, but then i moved it for some reason and its lost a lot of its red... ive gotta move it back to where it was before...

h. polyneura

h. pubicalyx 'black dragon'

h. pubicalyx 'red buttons'

h. rotundiflora

h. sipitangensis

h. subcalva

h. wayetii

o

Very nice Amber!

o

Amber all I can say is wow. You have a great collection already, may Hoyas that took me years to track down. Everything looks very happy and I bet you see a good amount of growth happen over the summer. You were lucky to get your cuttings rooted early on so that they could benefit from a long growing season before winter sets in.

Mike

o

Looks really awesome, Amber!!! Very cool to start of such a diverse group of cuttings. I hope they all thrive for you for years to come....just one word of advise, from experience on the H. Australis "Brookfield"... once you get it really established...keep it really on dry side and in a super chunky medium...i know....i rotted mine! working on re- rooting some tiny cuttings from mama plant.

Good luck and CONGRATS !

laura aka "gplainshoya"

o

Oh also there is no such plant as Hoya australis subsp Brookfield. If you want we can figure out what Hoya australis you have is you start another thread on just that plant. I have the most recent article on Hoya australis (Liddle and Foster) so I can use that to help make the ID. I am assuming that Brookfield is the location this plant was collected but this type of info is not automatically used as either a subspecies name or as a cultivar name such as 'Ruby Sue' etc.

Mike

o

ok thanks mike ill do that... thats how i recieved it labeled, i thought it was strange when i couldnt find like anything about it online. ill start a new thread here in a little bit.

o

i can not wait until i have momma plants to take cuttings from, i cant wait to pay everything forward to others who need ones that i have. its very exciting that i will have the chance to be able to share (as long as i can keep everything happy)

o

Wow, that's a lot of new plants to be taking care of. I'm very jealous of your pentaphlebia and it looks like it has a couple new vines to boot. I've also been growing some cuttings I received a while back and it's fun to finally see them push out new vines and leaves. I have merrillii and subcalva in common with you and they're starting to grow nicely now, though it took a while to see the initial growth. I should post an update like this as well.

-Chris

o

yes chris you should! its so exciting to see the care we give our plants paying off with some new growth! every single one of the cuttings have some sort of new growth, i think the one with the smallest amount of new growth would have to be a tie between macrophylia and acuta, both have just tiny little growth tips just forming, but its enough to let me know that they should make it.

o

Okay Amber, it's official!! I think we can say without a doubt that you are now a "HOYA JUNKIE"!!!!!

Great collection!!!

David

o

Congratulations Amber!

You have a great collection!& all the new growth must make you a happy person:-) (I know that I am happy with every new leave and branch- making my DH almost nuts with everything I want to share with him-lol!

Ingrid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here