Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Attention Hoya Shoppers!

moonwolf_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

So I was over at Joni's site and, like always, she has some pretty neat Hoyas for her July sale! The one that has caught my eye is H. javanica "Milky Way". I'd get it just for the leaves! It's gorgeous! Newbies, go forth and indulge a little :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (9)

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I know! I have that Milky Way and it is just so delicate and pretty. Very different from the classic one. I'm really partial to the balansae, too. The leaves are really neat looking, kind of like lightly varnished craft paper. And the bicknellii. Its leaves are so succulent and beautifully shaped - one of those very decorative Hoyas.

Personally, I have my eye on Joni's favorite anulata and the Moonshadow. Joni describes the variegation of the latter to be a bit tricky to maintain and bring out and I like that challenge. CB was selling a H. publicalyx Appaloosa last week (apparently not for the lackadaisical grower) and posted an impromptu mini lecture on how to properly prune cultivars that I was happy to read.

Unfortunately I need to replace some expensive bulbs, so I don't know if I'll make this month's sale or not. pooh!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

GG, I'm glad to hear that "Milky Way" is one worth adding! Has your plant bloomed?

First of all, I love the name Moonshadow! I wish it didn't lose it's varigation so easily, but it's still pretty to me. Balansae is one I haven't looked at yet, but I'll have to check it out.

I hope you can aquire something from her sale! Sorry to hear about your bulbs!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

It has not bloomed yet! But I am eagerly waiting. :) I will be sure to post pictures when it does.

Hehehe. Moonshadow. In retrospect your liking for that is so obvious. xD
    Paired next to Incrassata Eclipse, though, I am put in mind of the Twilight series...

Yeah! I get excited when I'm expecting new pots, dragonfly clips or stakes. But new lightbulbs? New bulbs are The Most Un-fun Things To Buy Ever. You stress that they are going to break in transit, after they arrive there is no noticeable change to your setup, and even after your money is spent and your mission accomplished, you have this nagging feeling that there are a couple more bulbs due for a change soon.

Thanks for letting me rant. :)

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Please do post pics when it blooms! I'm highly curious as if the flowers look any different from the other javanicas and multifloras. As for now, those leaves have just taken my breath away. :D

LOL Yeah no big suprise that I like the name Moonshadow. Just seeing the name sets my imagination in motion. I have not read the Twilight books or have seen the movies. From what people say, it's one of those things you love or hate with a passion.

You're welcome to rant anytime, and yes, I agree, light bulbs are pretty dull objects (no pun intended). LOL I am being spacey today, because, when you said bulbs I thought you meant flower bulbs! XD

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• alavoneluvhoya
    11 years ago

GG how do I get to her site?

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

shop*! >_>

• alavoneluvhoya
    11 years ago

YEAH thanks!

• amber_m
    11 years ago

im definatly looking forward to when i can finally place an order with joni, she has so many that i want!!!

• emt23
    11 years ago

Thanks Brad! This BoPeep sized hook pulled me in! ~ Mary

Sponsored