Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scsva

Look to Denise for Hoyas!

scsva
11 years ago

I just received some great looking hoyas from our hoya friend Denise so just saying, look to Denise to see what she has to offer.

Susan

Comments (8)

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I was lucky to receive some cuttings/plants from Denise this weekend, too. Her plants are always so healthy looking. It's like how some people just casually grow tomatoes as big as your salad bowl.

And can I just say that shepherdell has a much more interesting appearance than I realized from the pictures. The leaves are so hard and thick and succulent. Have you ever looked at someone's giant purse and thought: they could really hurt someone with that! Well, that's close to my first reaction to shepherdell. Getting walloped with one of those vines would be like being pelted with stones.

• scsva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I got rubra (the real one) and publicalyx Splash.

GG, post the picture of Sheperdell. I'm only had a small one and I killed it.

• moonwolf_gw
    11 years ago

I got my kerrii from her last year and it's a gorgeous plant! It's growing new leaves here and there and I've even given away a couple cuttings from it. I might go see what else she has available ;).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• emt23
    11 years ago

Denise?

• scsva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

denise 5 on this forum

• emt23
    11 years ago

TKX what is with the double entry? On me I guess! ~ Mary

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Am guessing folks are referring to our friend Denise who usually posts as:

Denise from Omaha

sounds like she's been making lots of Hoya Heads happy w/ her plants & those she's sharing.

Enjoy everybody!

PS -

No Mary, GW's been having lots of these double posts, sometimes even triple; think there's some tech glitch in the mix (not you). It's happening in at least 3 of their forums.

• Denise
    11 years ago

Oh, you guys make me **blush**! Susan, you picked two that will require their own special space with time. They're both really aggressive growers and great bloomers.

GG, I'm glad you mention shepherdell - I'm a sucker for the long-leaved species, and this one is super succulent, as you mention. Here's a good photo...
    {{gwi:965564}}
    Flowers are cute - carnosa-like, a bit darker pink, individual flowers about the same size, but much shorter pedicels, so a miniature "ball".
    {{gwi:956263}}

Brad, I'm glad to hear your kerrii is growing so well. Don't you love how rubbery and soft the leaves start out, and how they get thick and succulent and stiff with age? It's such a great plant! Has it bloomed for you yet?

Denise in Omaha

Sponsored