Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

bottom watering EA mix

maidinmontana
13 years ago

Hi everyone. . . I haven't been real active here lately, (lots of major projects going on outside). And with that comes the problem finding time to tend to my hoyas like I should.

I let a few of my EA plants get a little too dry. As you all probably know, when they get too dry it's hard to get them wet again. As a desperate measure, I decided to water them the way I water my african violets, from the bottom.

I measured the water so I knew how much the plants soaked up. Every so often I'd dump the water back in the measuring cup to see how much, if any,they had taken up. It took a few hours, but when the tops of the pots were spongy to the touch I knew they had enough.

Still a little sceptical, I lifted one of the plants out of the pot to make sure the entire rootball was good a saturated, IT WAS.

Before, I never really knew if the rootball was getting any water or if it was just running thru the pot.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone, if you're like me and skidish with the EA plants, this works very well.

Maid~

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz