Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suetran1

Hoya Pachyclada

suetran1
12 years ago

This time, I know who cause my baby... just kidding, I think hoya can not pollinated, can they?

HE IS THE ONE:

First week, after the flowers has gone

Second week

Now:

Comments (14)

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

That is so neat and gorgeous! What a fantastic photo progression. You couldn't do a more perfect job.

I love the way these buds look when they are half open. It's very interesting. So sleek, as though the result of sharp-knifed surgery. And such a pretty pod for this Hoya! I had no idea!

Just... wow!

• wrynsmom
    12 years ago

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Carolyn

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

That is very, very cool!

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Sue that is the best series of photos I have seen in a long time, those are magazine or book material.
    It's most likley that the bee transferred pollen after it's leg or foot got caught in the channel between the corona lobes. Do you think you might have some baby Hoya photos for us to enjoy later in the summer?

Thanks so much for posting this. :)

Mike

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

Yes I always enjoy looking at your photos Sue! Fantastic shots and great humor too! So nice to know who done it - lol! Keep the photos coming!!

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks you you all.
    I'm so curious to see whatever she or he looks like too. LOL
    sue

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Sue - That is an awesome set of pictures. Thank you so much for sharing. I can only dream of photographing and growing my pachyclada that well.

-David

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

They're beautiful Sue! I'm still waiting for mine to bloom this year. They bloomed for me last year so not sure why mine hasn't bloomed yet.

Thanks for sharing your great pictures!

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

So neat, and great pictures! That bee looks so cute sitting on the bloom like that :)

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Great pictures, Sue. You take awesome pictures. Love the little bee sitting and doing his work. You should watermark or put you name on your pics so no one can use them as theirs on ebay or on other sites that sell hoya plants. I was hoping my pachyclada would bloom this year, but nothing yet. It bloomed last year from the only one peduncle and I was hoping for new growth but there doesn't seed to be any. I was hoping it would put out a new branch and some peduncles. No luck yet.

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ima
    I saw a lot people did it that way, but I think it is not much benefit from borrow my pic.

I'm really happy to see all of you enjoy it. Thanks
    sue

• theluckydark
    12 years ago

SUCH great photos! In my dream house, I might have the one with the bee blown up giant-sized and framed in my breakfast nook... :)

• scsva
    12 years ago

Ditto everyone else! Lovely pictures. Keep 'em coming.

Susan

• PerrenialGirl
    12 years ago

Awesome series of pics!! How are your babies doing?

Sponsored