Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrynsmom

H. pubicalyx 'Black Dragon' and 'White Dragon'

wrynsmom
13 years ago

Just in case you missed it, Joni will have H. pubicalyx "White Dragon" and "Black Dragon" (that you've all been drooling over) in SEPTEMBER!!!

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: SRQ Hoyas

Comments (12)

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

Aw, man, as if it weren't bad enough with all the space issues I have! I really love the flowers on both plants but 'White Dragon' is my favorite!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

That is great news! So um how am I going to get my hands on one of those?
    SRQ is turning out to be a really great source for Hoyas, makes me want to go to Florida.

Mike

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey, Mike! Did you check out the site? She cuttings and ships them outside the US, now!

Carolyn

• tigerdawn
    13 years ago

Oh I think I need black dragon!!

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Thanks Carolyn!!!!
    If you look at the Forest Treasures site there are a bunch of varieties of Hoya erythrostemma as well, different colours and some not often seen smaller Acanthostemma section species. It will be great to have access to those as well.

Mike

• bullsie
    13 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! I only grow H. pubicalyx so this is great for me.

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

I'm glad someone else is as excited about this as I was!!

I am so enamored with Black Dragon that I'm pretty sure Joni had to wipe the drool off my last order (where I couldn't help chirruping about it like a total fangirl).

If I could only choose one type, I'd probably go with publicalyx too, bullsie. Talk about maximum pleasure per unit effort.

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

FYI all you! Joni has them for sale NOW! Just lettin' ya know.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: dragons for sale

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

I KNOW! I am tempted. But I don't think I have the room for any more pubicalyxes. Though what I am tempted to do is to get one, and someone else get the other, and trade cuttings a couple years down the line. So I don't have to make room for both right away. But right now, I have: Chimera, Pink Silver, Red Buttons, and Splash. Yikes.

I wonder how stunning they'd look, planted together, so that you could get black flowers and white flowers from the same pot.

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

The temptation is killing me! Those flowers are what's getting to me. Did anyone notice the odd-shaped flowers on Black Dragon?! All the more reason to get it! However, it was White Dragon that really made my eyes widen! I love both of them though.

Quinn, those are some neat ideas! I'm sure someone on here will go along with the trading cuttings idea.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Quinn, I bet it would look great planted in the same pot. Why not they are both the same variety just different color blooms. I think it would look really cool to have two different color blooms in one pot. I'm for anything that can eliminate another pot and save space. I've planted KQ and KP together and plan on potting up Var. bella with regular bella. As long as the requirements of the plants are the same and they are in the same family I don't see any issues with it...but that's just my opinion.

They both are really beautiful!!

Whoever gets one...Please post pictures here!

• dmichael619
    13 years ago

this is just an "FYI" Joni now has a link on her site to a full page of Forest Treasure hoyas!!!!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor