Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shepherdii Has Buds!

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 16:57

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to tell you all I found buds on my shepherdii plant today! They took me by surprise and I was glad to see buds on another one of my hoyas besides lacunosa. They're too small to take a picture of but when it blooms I'll post a picture.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shepherdii Has Buds!

Congrats on the buds Brad. Is this the first time blooming for this one? My plant is pretty stingy with blooms this time of year but it blooms every now and then during the summer. The scent of this one really nice.

Mike

o
RE: Shepherdii Has Buds!

Mike, yes it is going to bloom for the first time. Everyone on here who grows it say the flowers do have a really nice scent. In the one set of buds, I counted ten or so buds. I read it doesn't get many flowers in an umbel but they're worth waiting for!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here