Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Welcome Suprise!

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 17:01

Hi everyone,

Dad brought me home some two tomato cages for my hoyas that badly needed them. My new, huge diversifolia and RHP cuttings now are supported on the cages, and now I don't have to step over the vines! I'll post pictures later!

As for hoya updates, all my new cuttings are in the process of rooting out. No blooms so far except lacunosa (of course, when isn't it!) and it smells heavenly as always. A few of my hoyas (carnosa, shepherdii, motoskei and Chelsea to be exact) are getting a little yellowed from the sun. Motoskei has a bad case of sunburn though (leaves have patches on them) and I've been adding epsom salt to my watering can when I water them. The sun's been really harsh lately and they're showing it. Lacunosa and KP are a little yellowed too. My other hoyas, which get shade most of the day until late afternoon, are happy. Obscura and wayetti are out in the sun too,but are doing fine. Should I be worried?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Welcome Suprise!

Here's RHP and diversifolia on the tomato cages.

RHP
Photobucket

Diversifolia (some of the leaves on the upper/middle left belong to Red Buttons)
Photobucket

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I never thought about using tomato cages before. I'll have to do that when some of mine get bigger.

o

Ya, what a great idea! I have a Latifolia that I definitely will be caging as it is so heavy. Thanks for the idea!
Valerie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here