Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first peduncles?

Posted by Moosetrackz 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 11 at 17:27

I bought this Hoya, Krimson Princess I believe, last week at Home Depot. Id never seen such a nice big one at my HD before and the price was right so I couldnt pass it up. I already had Krimson Queen so why not make the family complete? lol

After I got it home I saw what look like peduncles. Are they? If they are how long does it usually take before they flower? Im kinda excited because Ive never had one bloom before and I love their flowers! :) So pretty!

Here is a link that might be useful: Peduncles?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first peduncles?

Hi Moosetrackz,

Welcome to the hoya forum! I am happy to tell you that your plant is a Krimson Princess and those are peduncles! Congrats! The buds do take some time to open but once they do, they last for quite some time. None of my carnosas have flowered yet (though I think I see peduncles on my plain old green carnosa). When it does bloom, enjoy! The flowers are awesome and wonderfully fragrant :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Yay! I cant wait for my beautiful flowers!

Thanks Brad! :)

o

Congratulations, Moose. ^_^ When buds start forming on the peduncle, you'll be able to see a colored haze develop on the tip.

Sometimes, a Hoya forms a peduncle and then just sits there and never actually produces buds on it for years, but Krimson Princess is not a jerk, and I'm sure if you are in zone 9 your odds are high that you will have flowers before long. Are you in Florida? California? Maybe someone in your region can tell you how long it was for them.

o

You're welcome! Yes, do look for that haze on your peduncles! I have that right now on my carnosa and my fungii :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I live in SoCal near LA.

Ive heard that Krimson Princess is a fast grower compared to the Krimson Queen. Is that true?

My KQ doesnt have any peduncles but Im hoping for some. Maybe next spring or summer? Is that when they usually flower? Are the flowers on the Queen and Princess the same?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here