The first pic is H. Obscura "Major"

Sorry the pic quality is so horrid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New hoya order arrived--H. Nicholsoniae

H. Nicholsoniae

o
RE: New hoya order arrived H. cv. 'Mathilde'

H. Cv. "Mathilde" from "thehoyan" on Ebay.

o
RE: New hoya order arrived--a note about Kartuz

One thing about Kartuz...make sure to call them and check if a plant is out of stock...they don't keep their website updated constantly.

I.E., I wanted H. Obscura "Major" ( I know some might say this is not a real name/ cultivar...but it is the one I wanted due to the leaves strong tendency towards red...soooo...What Michael Kartuz told me to do is to order another hoya...then put a note TO HIM in that says in the ordering notes "Substitute H. Lacunosa etc. etc. for H. Obscura Major" I was nervous the whole time, waiting, since they never confirmed they got that notation...but it did arrive accurately!) I also ordered H. Nicholsoniae from them. Both plants were perfectly packed and healthy.

eBays "theHoyan" ...CB.... (Yes I know the history...) packed very professionally also. Very satisfied with the quality of all these orders!

o
RE: New hoya order arrived

Nice Hoyas! I have that H. obscura and it's a lovely plant. Tolerates a lot.

Yeah, I heard that if you can avoid asking her any Qs, you're good to go. Otherwise...LOL.

o

I've ordered nicholsoniae before from other vendors but neither have arrived that beautiful and colorful

Great hoyas.

o

The red is striking. Just lovely. ~ Mary

o

How long did it take to receive your order from Kartuz? After I saw yours, I had to order something. LOL!!

Susan

o

Nice cuttings. I have to literally fry my Hoya obscura to get any colour change!

Mike

o

Very nice. I too give my obscura very strong sun, as those leaves are just lovely. The other benefit is the constant blooms when they are getting that level of light.

Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here