Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. bella, H. chinghungensis, and H. engleriana Photograph

Posted by vermonthoyas (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 18:11

For anyone who might be interested, here is a single photo I took over the weekend showing the differences between the blooms. Hoya bella on the left, Hoya chinghungensis in the center, and Hoya engleriana on the right.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. bella, H. chinghungensis, and H. engleriana Photograph

Very informative and a keeper post.

They are close but definite difference.

o

How cool! Love the photograph and I really needed a smile just now.

o

Very pretty. I haven't grown bella in years - it would bloom for me, and I do love the flowers, but it attracted mealies like no other species. I do grow engleriana, but it hasn't bloomed for me yet - it's something to look forward to. Now chinghungensis... I'd never seen that one. Looked it up and it's going right on my wish list. Can you post a photo of the whole plant?

Denise in Omaha

o

GG, I'm glad the picture made you smile:) Denise, here is a photo from this morning of H. chinghungensis.

o

Here is a photo from the underside - the best way to appreciate what is going on. The plant grows just like bella, but does not seem to flower as often. Never let it dry out, and it should not give you any problems.

o

Doug,

You just ruined my iPad, as I drooled all over it! Absolutely spectacular!

Renee

o

LOL, Thanks Renee! I got one 8 inch cutting from Thailand 28 months ago and cut it into three pieces. What you see is the result.

Doug

o

Wow, Doug, eventually, I might stop being blown away by your plants, maybe - but that day has yet to come!

o

Wow, that is so impressive! I went straight over to Joni's site to see if I could get it, but it's on her "retired" list. =(

Denise in Omaha

o

Thank you Greentoe! Believe me I have a lot of bad looking plants too. I just don't show them in public:)

Denise, I sent you an email.

Doug

o

Wow Doug!! What a spectacular sight, just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing :o)

o

Thanks Pug!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here