Comments (14)

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Nice cuts! Really good ones!

Congrats and good luck with them!

Mitzi

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

Wow Tiger - they LOOK FANTASTIC... I especially like the first one... shoot - I wished I would of ordered that one... oh well next time! Thanks for the photos!

• suetran1
    12 years ago

Wow, now you have a handful of hoya. Ready to go, girl!!
    sue

• peanut01
    12 years ago

I love your merrilli. That one will be added to my wish list. I posted my pics on the other thread. We both got the same caudata and erythrina(but different IML). I also love yor callistophylla... That one is going on the list too.

All of your hoyas look great. Good luck TD.

-David

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

I'm jealous! Those are beautiful!

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Those all look very nice but the first two are really quite impressive. I wonder if my Hoya merrillii would develop the same colouration? My plant has much larger leaves but I grow it in the shade so it's pretty dark green.

Mike

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

Now I'm starting to wish I got caudata. That merrillii is amazing. Although the name makes me feel like I've got stuck keys on my keyboard :)

• scsva
    12 years ago

I looooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee that 1st plant-the merrili but all all your cuttings are beautiful and healthy looking. Thanks for sharing.
    Susan

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful cuttings, TD! I hope they all root for you! Some of these I have never heard of before. It's a beautiful collage of all sorts of leaves! Keep us posted on how they're doing!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Very NICE!! Looks like Iris Liddle gave everyone very generous cuttings.

Carolyn...you did such a great job shipping everyone's cuttings and getting it to them in wonderful and healthy condition.

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

That merrillii is definitely so cute, like rainbow sherbert.

Mike, I would never think that my plant would develop similar coloration, because it's also big and dark and very different looking. However, it's the one Joni has and her photographs show warm coloring in the yellow-orange range, so I would guess yours would indeed.

So, how exactly do you operate your rooting aquarium, Tiger? You're sticking all the cutting ends into the same medium kind of like a mass pot, but with extra humidity, right? I bet that has some nice advantages. And also that it's super fussy concentrated work to try and get them all in there with their nodes properly placed, without knocking any leaves off LOL! One of these days one of us should post a video of our rooting prep - that would be a hoot.

• tigerdawn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha! Yes it is a feat to get everyone situated in the aquarium. But once they're in, the rooting goes suprisingly quickly (with a few exceptions). The substrate is the finer pieces from the Green Country Pine Mulch plus random other stuff that has gotten mixed in over the life of the soil in there. I think I probably have a more cavalier approach to growing than most. This aquarium rooted a bunch of stuff last year, then it sat in the garage for a while, then it grew some tobacco hornworm larvae this spring and now these are in it. Same substrate.

I've been misting the cuttings with VF-11 twice a day too. Oh, and the aquarium is cracked on the bottom so the water doesn't just sit in there.

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

That sounds like a nice system. I always like hearing about how others are doing things. I think, even though it's best to stick with what works, you never know when someone else's strategy is going to come in handy. Like if someday I suddenly have a cracked aquarium in my hands, and then I'll be all: Time for Tiger's genius move - now where are my hornworm larvae?

• tigerdawn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

ROFLOL!!!!!!

Sponsored