Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrynsmom

I got some new pretties in the mail, today!

wrynsmom
12 years ago

Okay, I've lost my camera, so no pictures for a while . . . but here's the list of my new cuttings, courtesy of a few nice people in the forum. You know who you are, and THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Oh, and there will be misspelled words. I just don't have time at the moment to go through the actual list. This is the one my 11 year old daughter wrote as I was potting everything up. :)

cinnamomifolia

ischnopus

bicolor

callistophylla

naumanii

kanyakumariana

EPC-184

vitellinoides

golamcoiana

lacunosa 'Tove'

alldrichii

aff. mindorensis

sp. Ganung Gading

vitellina

macgregorii

buotii

sp. Estrella Waterfall

pimenteliana

:) It was a good day!

Carolyn

Comments (8)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Congrats Carolyn...So exciting! Very nice haul...Good luck with all your new hoyas. What a very nice surprise :o)

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Congrats Carolyn! There's nothing like getting new hoyas in the mail! I hope they all grow for you!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• tammypie
    12 years ago

Wow you got yerself quite a collection there.

I just love my Lacunosa 'Tove'. The fragrance is just heavenly.

My Hoya Cinnamomifolia has never bloomed for me; it tried recently but the buds "blasted" (I hate when that happens).

If they're cuttings, I would use rooting hormone on the cut tip and put them inside a baggie for the extra humidity near an east facing window. That should help them root quickly.

• tammypie
    12 years ago

I see you're missing H. Retusa and Hoya Cumingiana cuttings ;o) Well?

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

What a great gift. That's a great collection. There are a few in there that are new to me. Have to go look them up and see what I can add to my list. Wish I had a money tree. LOL
    If anyone wants to send me cuttings, I will pay for postage!
    Hope to see pictures soon.

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Wow what a nice group of cuttings to get. I am excited for you to grow Hoya aldrichii and and if you find that camera of yours maybe give us an update.

Mike

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Great haul, Carolyn! I'm sure you're just exhilarated! I hope you were sitting down. ^_~

I can't believe you got a cutting of aff. mindorensis, you lucky dog.

I know I got my aldrichii from you, so I feel pretty guilty that you subsequently lost yours. Glad to hear you're in good shape again.

Be careful with that macgregorii. I bought one very recently from Joni and I went to water it last night and it has doubled in size. In Feed. Me.."

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tammypie, I've had retusa for a while now. Love it. And cummingiana is on it's way. :)

I've developed my own rooting methods over the last few years that seem to work well in my climate. Baggies and aquariums do NOT work well here (I found out the hard way). :( But, live and learn!

Mike, aldrichii is one that's been in my collection for over a year. My rooted piece is alive, but just not doing much of anything. Just wanted to add a bit to it from a different location to see if it would acclimate faster.

GG - "does it have to be human"? hehehehe

Carolyn

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner