Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing Conditions for globulosa

Posted by kidsandcats 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 19:14

If you grow H. globulosa, could you please tell me what kind of conditions you are growing it in, and how the plant is growing? I'm curious how differently(or the same) everyone grows their plants. Thanks!

Deborah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Conditions for globulosa

Hi K&C,

I grow mine in hydroton and it's out in the GH, which is almost like outside conditions except it doesn't get rained on. It's a medium to fast grower for me, and never goes completely dormant. However, mine has yet to flower.

Denise in Omaha

o

Thanks, Denise. I have mine inside, and it was growing very well in a northeast window, but for some reason, it seems to have stalled :/ Not sure what I did to cause it, either. I'm thinking of moving it to a protected western window to see if that helps.

o

I don't have globulosa but have the (sister/cousin?) H. villosa. My guess is they have the same growing requirements, but not positive. I keep mine slightly moist, let it dry out a tad before I water it well. Have it in fast draining mix, gets bright indirect light(southern window)...I have Peduncles but NO buds have formed :o(

o

I have mine next to my villosa. They're both in my fast draining mix and an eastern exposure. I let them dry out pretty well. I know there are some that say they are the same plant, but whatever the case, my globulosa is a lot more tolerant than my villosa. This winter, villosa and dasyantha had the same set of complaints and that was that they REALLY wanted to dry out. And they dropped a few leaves each to let me know that. The globulosa, on the other hand, seems pretty chill with whatever treatment it gets.

o

I agree, GG. My villosa is a little fussy, but globulosa plugs along, happy as a clam, climbing all over the place. And I don't think they're the same thing at all, though they do have similarities.

Denise in Omaha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here