Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpawl

A couple photos of my Epiphytica hoyas

cpawl
12 years ago

On Monday I finally received my box of hoyas from Jack.I have to say he sure knows how to pack and send great hoyas.I only had one hoya arrive dead.This amazing since my other hoyas from many different Thai vendors.

glabra

aff.lacunosa

serpens

cv.bent

mitrata giant leaf

sp RB6

megalaster

its a bit stressed but I feel it will be fine.

I also got the round leaf mitrata and it is very yellow.

Jack sends very nice size cuttings and I am very happy with what I ordered.Next spring I will for sure be ordering again.

Thanks for looking.

Cindy

Comments (20)

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Congrats on the cuttings Cindy. They look great That Megalaster looks gigantic. How big are those leaves? I will definitely get in on the next group order from Epiphytica.

-David

• gennykins
    12 years ago

They're huge! Very nice. Love the mitratas, megalaster, and glabra.

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Nice! They are very pretty!

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

David, I was a bit surprised when I saw how big the leaves were.They are 8 inches long and 4 inches wide.The person that also ordered with me got this hoya also and hers was just as big.I only lost clemensiorum,it was rotten from top to bottom. I feel if the Canadian customs and postal did not keep them for so long then maybe this one would might of been OK.

Cindy

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

All very nice but that tiny little aff lacanosa caught my eye. I am going to have to look into tracking that one down because I just love the small leaves.
    You will love Hoya glabra once it gets going, nice big leaves.

Mike

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mike, the full name on the tag is H. aff.lacunosa(perangin Durian Wf-Langkaw).As soon as i saw it I was oh my its so cute.The leaves are so much smaller than I thought they would be.I like that you can see the little dimples.I can't wait to see what size her flowers are going to be.
    I hope this glabra grows.I got one from Joni last fall and it just sits doing not a thing but the shape of the leaves are different from each other.The one I got from jack has red on the middle line on the back of the leaf.

cindy

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry, forgot to say thanks kidsandcats and gennykins.

Cindy

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

VERY NICE Cindy... Im so glad everything worked out for you - as I know you were very worried... You got some pretty nice cuttings there....Thanks for sharing... I love seeing all the different leaves ....
    Your cv bent... (never heard of it) looks very much like my rigida...

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Lynn,Jacks site says its a seedling.I don't know who his parents are.Maybe rigida?It came with a peduncle so maybe I will sell flowers soon.In bright light its supposed to get a red line around the rim of the leaves.This is why I got this one.

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

Jack site... where do I find that?

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

Sorry I did not realize that epiphytica was an actual site - I tried googling cv bent and that site came up... (I thought it was a variety of hoya or something) sorry about that...

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Cindy I knew there was a reason why I liked that plant, this is the one I called Hoya lacanosa Langkawi Island in GG's thread a little while back. Now I want it even more. :)

I have the same Hoya glabra with the red midrib on the back of the leaf. My plant was kinda slow at first but it's just starting to grow some bigger leaves now. This is one that has been found in mangrove forests so it loves it moist and warm.

Mike

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Cindy, what a great collection of cuttings. I hope they do well for you. I love the megalaster and glabra. Huge!!!
    I sort of favor the different looking leaves. I seem to wait forever for mine to bloom. At least I can enjoy the leaves.

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

I don't think my want list will EVER shrink. lol I keep adding and adding! I LOVE plants with huge leaves, and I'm adding megalaster, cv. bent, and glabra right now. Thanks again for sharing!

• dmichael619
    12 years ago

Those are really nice plants Cindy,don't you just love jack's hoyas!!!!
    I received word this morning that my group order is leaving Thailand tomorrow and I can't wait to get my greedy little hands on those plants!!!

david

• cpawl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I do really like jack's hoya's.I will no longer take a chance on all those other thai sellers.They don't compare to his.Its nice to open up the box of hoyas and not find them cooked to death.
    I hope your group order dose not take as long with customs as mine did.

Cindy

• JTWL
    10 years ago

Incredible cuttings!! Where from?

• Klea
    10 years ago

Very nice cuttings, Cindy! :)

• Denise
    10 years ago

Glad this turned out well for you, Cindy. After my very bad experience last year, I decided not to risk $200 of my hard-earned money this year, so I've kept my buying to US folks. I figure if Joni or some of my friends here don't have it, I don't need it. And as all you (brave) folks get them, they'll become easier to get here.

That lacunosa looks SO much like my Dischidia nr. Burma, it's uncanny! Of course, it's not a real closeup photo, so there may be differences I'm not seeing. I know Jack has a reputation for having the right IDs, so I assume it's just a coincidence they look so much alike. Here's my nr. Burma...

Denise in Omaha

• greedygh0st
    10 years ago

@ JTWL

She ordered from Epiphytica, which is a wonderful source located in Thailand.

@ Klea & Denise

I believe this thread has been resurrected from our graveyard. ;)

Denise - The shape of the leaves is definitely like the D. nr. Burma, which I am privileged to have seen in person, thanks to you. But, I have a number of these Thai lacunosa and aff. lacunosa collections, and they are pretty different in person. They invariably have much thinner, shinier leaves and classically 'lacunose' (aka dented) surfaces.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions