Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
therealmrsdoodlepunk

Perlite with Miracle Grow for rooting?

I bought a bag of perlite today and now see that it has Miracle Grow in it! I was going to dip my hoya cuttings in rooting hormone and use the perlite to root them in, but now wonder if it's a good idea to use this Miracle Grow stuff. I normally don't put it on my plants and would not have bought this if I had realized what it had in it.

This is for the sick lacunosa that I'm soaking in sugar water right now, at least soaking the cuttings. I suppose I could keep them in water until I can get something else to use for rooting. Unless the MG stuff is OK? Or should I put them right into my potting medium - which is orchid bark and spaghnum and perlite?

The only hoya I have ever rooted is the one cutting I got from my mother of her carnosa. So I'm sort of afraid of doing the wrong thing. This whole soaking and rooting stuff is really new to me.

I loved this little lacunosa and am sad that it's dying on me. It's the droopy type with thinner leaves and it was just "cute". It had lots of blooms and I always loved the smell.

Comment (1)