10 years ago

Another view.

• cpawl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And

• avery09
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I dream of having one for myself one day!

• teisa
    10 years ago

WOW! I'm so envious!! That looks amazing! Congratulations!!!

• moonwolf_gw
    10 years ago

Your greenhouse is great, cpauwl!

I long for a greenhouse someday, as well. Your plants look happy :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• cpawl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone.I have wanted a summer greenhouse for many years.

Cindy

• Diana_Gale
    10 years ago

lovely! gives me hope for my own :)

are those some plants in hydroton I see?

• cpawl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Diana,Yes I grow all my hoyas S/H.

• tropicbreezent
    10 years ago

Looks a really nice set up. Is it too small yet, or is that coming soon :0)

• cpawl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I really do not have any floor space left but I have the whole ceiling to use to hang hoyas from:)))

• meyermike_1micha
    10 years ago

Good for you! Happy happy greenhouse as well as to your Hoya plants...:-)

Hello to all.

Mike

• amber_m
    10 years ago

its a beautiful greenhouse! i hope to have one someday!

• puglvr1
    10 years ago

It is a Very nice greenhouse for sure!! Happy growing all your Hoyas in there...I'm sure they will love it!

• amber_m
    10 years ago

any chance you could share how much in total is cost to build it? i am have been wanting one and my hubbie said that when the kids get older i can have one. so im currious how much you spent. if you dont want to share on here i totally understand but i thought i would ask... you could also email me if you want...

• cpawl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Amber,Sure
    The greenhouse is 12 feet by 20 by 12 feet tall.There is no need to go so high but I wanted it to feel airy.I had the go to bellingham across the broader to get the plastic panels.The cost of the panels were almost half the cost then buying in Canada and customs did not even charge me any duties.We already had the door.So the cost for everything came to 490.00.It would of been a bit cheaper if we could of gotten our wood in bellingham also.It has taken me almost 20 years to get this greenhouse and I am in love with the space.
    I hope yours will not take so long.

Cindy

• amber_m
    10 years ago

do you have a name for the type of plastic panels? im amazed at the price! i was sure that it would have cost well over $1000! it gives me hope that i may actually get my greenhouse sooner than later! we get a sizeable refund on our tax returns every year and we plan on one big project on the house to do with it... i know that this year or next we will be putting up some nice wood fencing (which i am planning on having morning glories grow up!) and my husband said that i can have my greenhouse after we have fence up, so that no neighborhood kids chuck rocks through it. my husband has actually been enjoying my hoyas more and is starting to get why i like them so much now that some of them have started blooming! he is expecially in love with my bella (but who wouldnt be!) and he said that when i have my greenhouse i can have as many hoyas as i want! he better be planning on following through with that promise!!! i might have to get it in writing, lol! anyways, thanks so much for the info, it gives me hope that my dream of my very own little greenhouse can actually come true!

• cpawl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Amber hubby said to say to add around 50 to 60 dollars for nails and screws.He got them given to him so I did not know they were not included.
    I also have to say that this greenhouse will only be used for spring summer and fall,we can not afford to heat it threw winter,even through we all most never stay below -5 to 5c degrees but also dont get any sun for months on end.

• Diana_Gale
    10 years ago

wonderful! congratulations :)

if I could only get DH to put up my greenhouse this year! I've been waiting for the master sink to be hooked up for several years - an ongoing remodel!

• Klea
    10 years ago

Congratulations with your new greenhouse! It looks fantastic! :)