Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aurorawa

Trouble with h. halophila and 1 more question

aurorawa
9 years ago

Ok, first of all, my halophila:

It has already within a few days, put out roots. My question pertains to its form. Is it a naturally droopy-looking plant? The leaves on mine seem to be drooping, and this is even with it being in my humidity rubbermaid. I even experimented with taking it out today, in case the humidity is what was making it droop.

Here are the roots forming:

Here is its form, showing the drooping I am talking about:

Another view:

My other question pertains to my DS-70 cutting (which I made into several smaller cuttings) from a friend. It does not resemble the DS-70 (purple) from SRQ and seems to have two different types of leaves on it.

First, we have these tubby little leaves:

Then, we have what I think are the typical curled-back-at-the-edges DS-70 leaves:

Another view:

Its flowers, for reference:

Not sure what the spots are on the fat leaves, but they didn't seem to affect the mother plant.

I would like to also add that the medium may seem really wet, but that is because I just put them in fresh medium (which had to be wetted, naturally) because kitty knocked them down and spilled the dirt all over the floor. The silo cups have about 20 holes (each) of different sizes made into the bottom to allow for adequate drainage.

I use a mix of orchid bark (70%), perlite (20%) and organic potting soil (10%).

Comments (4)