Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scsva

Question for GG

scsva
11 years ago

Hi GG,

Now that I'm evidently copying you with the square plastic pots, what do you use for saucers under the pot?

I got mine from Chula's.

Susan

Comments (4)

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

I don't use saucers under most of my pots, because they're sitting in flats that catch the runoff. But when I do need to use saucers, I just wedge them into the classic round ones. At their current size, most of my strategy revolves around avoiding the use of saucers whenever possible. I like to be able to pick up my plants in groups and move them to the table to water and prune and inspect. I get lazy when there are a bunch of free standing plants sitting in front that need to be moved. :X Probably these Dischidia are one weekend away from being relocated.

I do collect the white square saucers for my large aircone pots, from packaging that comes with frozen samosas. I talk about it here. I'm pretty sure there is a slicker solution out there, but I am eating samosas as fast as my plants are maturing so far. :P

Sorry I can't be more help. ^_^ Let me know if you come up with something brilliant.

• scsva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm not too terribly worried about it right now because my plants are outside on my front porch. My front porch looks like a jungle with pathways to walk. LOL! I love your plant set. I call my plant setup a "redneck sunroom" and I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that. I guess I'm as redneck as anyone. I feel so peaceful out there and when I get the harpy music going, I'm ready to channel spirits. LOL!!!

Susan

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Yeah, I have to be OCD about how my plants are organized because I don't have the luxury of sequestering them in their own private space to go wild. It makes my blood pressure go down to be near my plants, too. That's why I made the decision to put mine right underfoot, even though it earns me weird looks when I have visitors.

I miss having a front porch. It's the best room a house can have, imo. So, this harpy music... are you using it to channel feral bird women, then? jk ;)

• scsva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, visitors don't quite know what to say so usually they say nothing. I kid you not, non plant people can sit down in the midst of all the plants and not even make a comment about them. LOL!!!

I went back and looked at your plastic containers and I think I have probably put too much soil in my 6 inch containers. I probably should just do halfway of the pot.
    Susan

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals