jlt37869

My little hoya buddy

jlt37869
13 years ago

Can you see him?

Comments (9)

• Denise
    13 years ago

How adorable! I'm so jealous of people who see frogs all the time. I rarely see one around here. A couple years ago, I found a little guy on a ponytail palm leaf that I had outside at my business. I was so excited and I was hoping he'd still be there the next day when I brought my camera in, but alas he was gone... =( I watch for frogs and praying mantis (which we have a fair number of around here...)

Denise in Omaha

• wrynsmom
    13 years ago

Too cute! Now, I want a frog . . . ;)

Carolyn

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    13 years ago

So cute! my hoya buddies are the little lizzards, they are so cute and they like to eat insects off my plants. I really love tiny new hatch lings.

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

Did you name him yet? When I had my plants outside, hummingbirds would perch on the vines. Is that the plant you sent me cuttings off of, Jennifer?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• abigail1280
    13 years ago

Frogs are so numerous around here.
    I went outside a few weeks ago and walked across the yard to water a plant. It was almost dark. Came back in, and suddenly my pugs started darting after something! I realized I had brought one back in the house with me and he had jumped off once I stopped moving. I quickly snatched him up and put him back outside before the pugs could get a hold of this new hopping "toy"

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Cute frog! I've never found anything pleasant in my plants. I miss the tiny tiny tiny little toads that used to hop around in the lawn by the millions growing up. We used to run out and try to collect them all before my mother mowed, fearing for their lives.

I'm excited PMs can be found in NE, Denise. I never saw one the entire time I lived in MN and I was getting quite jealous of another poster who was talking about them in a different thread.

• Denise
    13 years ago

GG, hate to seem ignorant, but what's PM?

Oh, lizards, frogs, snakes (I occasionally find a garter snake, but that's about it...) I like anything in the cold-blooded family! Your comment about gobs of frogs reminded me of back in the early 80's, when my ex was stationed on Guam. When we would drive out to the communication site where he worked at night, there would be frogs all over the road out there. I would drive SO s-l-o-w-l-y, trying to avoid the frogs. I was apparently one of the few, however, because the road was always littered with flat frogs... **sigh**

Denise in Omaha

• jlt37869
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My small 8x10 deck is 2 stories up and I usually don't find friend (or foe) in my plants. So I was quite startled when I went in for a whiff of the bloom that had just opened above his head and saw him!

GG - I have that same childhood memory of running through the grass while they jumped about ,,, except I don't recall worrying about the lawnmower. :)

Denise - maybe they are just steering clear of your pets?

Jan - we have lots of cute lizards here too, they like to sun themselves on my driveway!! But so far none have ventured up on my deck.

Brad - yes, that's my grandmother's carnosa and the source of your cuttings. And no, I haven't named him, but if I did, it'd probably be Waldo. He keeps moving around and he's not easy to find. I'm trying to keep an eye on him, so I don't pull an "abigail" and accidently bring him into the house!! :)

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Denise: PM = Praying Mantis. I thought everyone knew that! jk I'm sorry - I must have been whipping that post out in a flurry to be so spontaneously cryptic.

I liked your story about avoiding the road frogs in Guam. It reminds me of my mother who is mowing again, this time on a farm in IA instead of a suburb in MN. She says there are so many frogs this year that she has all but given up on avoiding them. Rural mowing seems ...hard. Especially w/the fawns who hide in the long Spring grass and don't move no matter what.

Sponsored