Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya wibergiae?

Posted by puglvr1 9b central FL (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 10:09

I have this hoya for a few years that was labeled IML 1618...did some research a while back and I think its the same as Hoya wibergiae? Can anyone confirm or is it something else?

Here's the leaves...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya wibergiae?

I the same pot I also have a cutting of sp. sarawak GPS 10073...and I think this one has the pinkish splash? Other than the difference in the splotches/specks from silver to pink, the leaves looks identical to me...

o

Its blooming for the very first time...here's the buds

o

And the open bloom...

So do you guys think its H. wibergiae? or something else?

Thanks!!

o

The Liddle catalogue currently identifies IML 1618 as wibergiae (Philippines leaf with silver/purple splashes light veining, yellow flowers.) I haven't heard of any disputes about this, so I'd go with it for now.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about the sp. Sarawak GPS 10073, yet. I see that some people refer to it as "aff. acuta pink." In my house, its leaves grow much flatter and narrower than my wibergiae, so I can see why people might call it that. But, obviously in your conditions it does look just like wibergiae leafwise! I see what you mean lol. Anyway, I think the book is still open on it.

I just can't ever believe the saturated color you get out of your Hoyas, though. Zing zing zing went my heartstrings!

This post was edited by greedyghost on Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 17:31

o

Thanks GG!! I appreciate your insight and help and nice comments :o)...we'll go with H. wibergiae for now.

o

Well I'll just call it gorgeous Pug!

Renee

o

Thank you Renee!!

o

Hi Nancy, I haven't been on GW for a long long time. How's everyone? I have H. wibergiae, 1618 is Hoya wibergiae.

o

Oh Wow! Hi Jan!!! So nice to see you back...welcome back, I sure hope we see more of you...we've missed you :o)

Renee, I tried sending you an email but your email on GW isn't set up to receive them...if you see this can you please email me from my Page...Thanks!!

o
RE: Hi Renee...

Hi Renee...I got a response from you through GW...but unfortunately, I can't reply back due to this message below...

"(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)"

I believe you have to go to your "member page" and click on:
"Edit Your Membership Details" and click on
Show my email address to: "member"

Or just copy my email address and sent it through your email and not through GW...

Thanks!!

o

puglvr1, Thanks for your big welcome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here