Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help

Posted by dalette (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 17, 10 at 11:35

My Hindu Rope has been doing wonderful for the year I have had it ...i have changed nothing it seems to be shriveling up the leaves..it is not droping any leaves just shrivel but not all parts...It has no bugs is watered perfectly...I even tried the peroxide water recommendation on here...It still is getting new growth just the shrivel part outside in the shade some morning sun....What can i do will it ever be plump again....I an so sad..i love this plant....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help

Hi Dalette,
Funny...I noticed my H. compacta shrivels up about every other month or so. This morning I took it down and put it into a tub or water...stems an all. I'll leave it there for a couple of days ...until it is back to it's plump self. My clay pot is a 6" and the rope is about 6 feet long with many stems growing out the sides..and blooming too!

o

thank you for answering....Does that help? mine iis 6in pot and about 3 feet long...Will the plumpness come back if i do this...

o

yes...I'll leave it there for a couple of days ...until it is back to it's plump self.

o

lucielove; You mean you put the whole plant (pot and all) in the water? Do you do the same if you would want to give the soapy water treatment? Thanks

o

I water my hoyas by placing them in the bottom of my bathtub then shower them with barely warm water, truly soaking them leaves and all. The water then drains completely out of the tub and I let them sit for an hour or so to enjoy the humidity before I put them back in their places. My Hindu Rope absolutely loves this treatment. If one is blooming it will go in the shower but I try to keep the water from the shower head away from the blooms. I have never tried soaking any plant in water for days.

o

yes...This morning I took it down and put it into a tub of water...stems an all.

o

Does the water cover the top of the pot and all??/

o

Oh my...no...I don't drown the plant...I sit it in there so the water provides humidity and the pot is mostly submerged...clay pot...so the roots can help themselves to as much water as they need to recover. I do this regularly with many of my plants since it's inevitable that at least 10 plants/week need more water than I provide.

o

I don't have much experience with this but the KQ that my inlaws had did it. The plant hadn't been repotted in many years and I had to restart it from cuttings because the roots were too far gone.

o

Thank you lucielove for all your help...sorry about the lack of knowledge on my part...duh...lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here