Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suetran1

Hoya Pachyclada seeds

suetran1
12 years ago

My hoya pachyclada is open today, anyone interested?

Shepherdii seed pods is on the way, I do not know the due day!

Comments (96)

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hi Mitzi,

That's that's just how mine, except that mine are now about 3" tall, but pale green just like yours, mine are holding their little seed covers up top their stem, except for those that have pushed through their first pair of leaves.

Very cute, boa sorte!!!

• ruffi72
    12 years ago

Hi :))))
    are not beautiful?

thank's Sue Italia have your seeds too :)))

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow, we are big family now.. ye..ha!!

Mitzi
    I was cared that your seeds can not sprout, because it took so long to go. I'm very happy now.

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Thank you very much Sue............ I'm very happy and will be teaching Portuguese for them!!!

Hi PG, thanks for the good luck (boa sorte), if possible please show us your babies...........

Mitzi from Brazil

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

Good job every one... love those pics!... Please pray for my skinny ones!... LOL

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hi Ruffi,

I hope you understand enough English to understand this but: pls. cover those seedlings or they will dry out & die.

Note that Mitzi's mix is clearly moist, mine at home (not pictured) is also covered & kept moist.

Mitzi,

I need to go talk to the camera guys & then I'll take some pix.

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pirate girl was right,
    Ruffi: your seedling look dry, if they have a lot of sun, water more often. Capiche?

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Well, due to my family emergencies, I had to be out of town for about a week and a half. My Hoyas toughed it just fine because it was Fall and most of them were slowing down. However my seedlings, even though they were covered, and I had a coworker stop by to water them once, were all dried up when I returned. :(

It was so devastated. I can't even tell you how excited I had been about those baby pachycladas. I'd even given them each nicknames, like a box full of puppies. :( When it rains it pours, right?

But I watered them anyway, just in case, and a few days later, a few of them sprang back up from the grave somehow. And they are still alive. So, my pachy family has been greatly diminished but I am fighting tooth and nail to give them the perfect conditions to strengthen. I'll try and post pictures soon. Not that they're doing anything interesting yet lol. They're just hanging in there.

Good job everyone! This isn't the easiest thing in the world to pull off, but I believe in us! :)

• ruffi72
    12 years ago

uaooooo Pirate girl and Sue :)
    my english it's very bad,right? :)))))
    but dont' worry I understand, my seeds are covered, but maybe are too dry,rigth? I'll give theyr more water,I'm afraid to give too much water.....

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

No, don't give them more water.

Cover them better so they don't dry out. The mix looks completely dried out.

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi GG,

I'm very sorry for the emergency in your family! I'm facing the same problem here, my husband is very sick at hospital, and he is so young, only 34 years old, I'm devastated! Yesterday I went home and most of my hoyas are ok, but some aren't, I lost 3 or 4 I think, don't know why, they just gone! At this moment the hoyas are my only hapiness, I'm glad that some of your babies still alive, hope they develop strong and fast. My babies are ok too, hope they still doing well because I spent most of the time at hospital, going home only once in a week!

Ruffi: My English is so poor too, but I think I make my self understandable...... LOL, I learned a lot of words here is this forum, words like pod, pollination, and so many others, but sometimes I read a lot of things that I have no idea what they are talking about LOL.................

Mitzi from Brazil

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Mitzi. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I truly hope he recovers soon. It's so hard when you are already feeling powerless to help someone you love and then your plants start sickening on you too. And then you're almost too worn out to even care, and that feels worst of all. Thanks for the well wishes about my baby Pachys :) They are fighters and I know yours are too.

I don't know how you keep up with all the translating, especially with long-winded people like me. You're definitely always understandable, though, and I love having people like you and Ruffi here with us to expand our perspective. ^_^

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Mitzi, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's illness. I hope he recovers soon. I'm saying prayers for him to get well quickly.

• ruffi72
    12 years ago

fantasmino goloso... >_some translate google and some translate I :)
    sorry I'm a disaster :'(

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

/Ruffi LOL! fantasmino goloso. My name is a little weird. :P

traduzione � difficile... Non preoccuparti: In bocca a lupo, e divertiti! (translation?)

@_@

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone who wishes the best for my husband, he still fighting I still at hospital.

Yesterday I went home to see my plants and pachyclada is getting bigger, probably love the Brazilian weather!!! I didn't take any picture because I was in a hurry, had to come back to hospital. But will try to make some pictures to post here regarding the pachyclada development!

They are doing really good here!

Mitzi

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hi All,

My camera's back in action, so I'm back. Say hello to my H. Pachylada seedlings courtesy of SueTran.

Planted on 10/7 & I recall noting they took 4 days to sprout. So they're a bit more than 3 weeks old.

I await their second pair of leaves.

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Congrats PG!! They look GREAT!

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

Very nice Pug!... and healthy.. I have to ask again here, is it possible that some seedlings never get their 2nd set of leaves? I'm still hoping... and my seeds were planted end of Aug!... IS THERE HOPE OR NO?

Mitzi... Prayers for your husband... and you.. Eileen

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Eileen, I don't think so. Now is winter, so they will grow slower, try to put them in high light and warm place, have enough humidity ( I covered them with plastic bag with some holes on top)

Pirate girl, thanks you for take a good care of my babies.
    sue

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Thanks for the good words everybody, am excited to see my little seedlings doing nicely.

(I may struggle to find some bottom heat for them, but I did discover my stove top stays warmish, it's just away from the sunlight.)

Thank YOU Sue for sharing your seeds w/ us all so generously!

• mairzy_dotes
    12 years ago

My seeds are all doing great now under lights in a large aquarium with other cuttings. I have bottom heat on it also. However, Pirate Girl...I don't think I would move them to the stove if there is not a lot of light there. They seem to really need the light more. When I had mine just sitting by a window, they would stretch wayyyy out toward the light (window) and almost lay down. I had to keep turning the dish. Mine still hve just 2 leaves also but seem healthy.

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

Marcy... my two surviving seedlings (planted on 8/26!) have been covered with a plastic bag and all the things that seemed important... but today is about day #4 or 5 that we've had wonderful sun for most and sometimes all of the day... so I moved the lanky little babes into my bedroom where they would get more of the afternoon sun, even though its quite angled and the room is much cooler esp at night.. I also lifted off the plastic bag, and folded a paper towel in half twice, which it then fits the bottom of the plastic container (which contains the 2 little yogurt cups each with a babe)... I wet this paper towel lightly and put it under the yogurt containers.. so... less water which is really not needed in the actual planted containers but still humidity... replaced the plastic bag; so now in the sun... and the warmth... and condensation/humidity inside the bag.. OMG... I can see microscopic second (true) leaves coming out!... I am over the top with joy... I think there is hope!...so my newbie experience is warm sun and humidity!... they're still lanky but hopefully they'll grow out of that... I'm so excited!... of course tomorrow... rain and maybe some snow showers... not sure when we'll see the sun again, but my 4 ft long T5 light is finally "set up" sitting inside my 3 ft plant shelving... but.. everyone in there so far looks happy... temp 78; humidity between 50 and 70%!... esp higher after the lights are off all night and the entire setup is covered... big white tablecloth and some of the plastic covering that came with the shelf... ok...sorry ... this message is too long... just .. you know... thank you Sue for sharing ... I will continue to be mother hen...Eileen

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi everybody,

How are you pachyclada's babies doing?

If possible, please post some pictures, I'd love to see them.

I'll try to post some updated pictures for you all.

Mitzi

• cyclonenat
    12 years ago

Do you think the seeds will make it to NZ

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Cyclonenat,

If NZ means New Zeland, I think so.

I'm in Brazil and the seeds took a month to arrive here, and some more days to be in soil, because I was at hospital with my husband, they survived and germinated pretty well.

Mitzi

• cyclonenat
    12 years ago

How would i pay for postage though?

• mairzy_dotes
    12 years ago

I think all the pachyclada seeds have already been distributed around & are growing up. You may have to wait until next season to get any seeds of that.

• suetran1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Cyclonenat
    I have no more Patchy seed, but will have Fungii seeds soon, don't know when it will open.

For the postage, you can send some KIWI for me....lol. Just kidding!

You can ask Denis of this post 'omg!!!!' for Patchy seeds.

suetran1@hotmail.com

• kathybennie
    12 years ago

My Hoya Pachys are thriving with second leaves and one looks like it is varigated unless it is just turning yellow??...been so-ooo much fun watching them grow up...a little more every week.
    pictures soon (my computer on fritz)
    Thanks again, Sue!! You made winter growing fun!!

• cyclonenat
    12 years ago

cool ill keep a watch out next time when seeds are posted, would you want me to send some money for postage?

• alba_gardener
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Haven't posted in a while...I've been getting myself back on track after losing my mother-in-law, my daughter and then my adorable Chica Boom Boom. I'd like to thank all of you who posted such kind words, it really helped.
    Well,Sue mailed me some Pachyclada seeds and I never got them! I was so looking forward to some babies. And I read that some of those seeds made it Brazil ( Hi Mitzi). I wonder where my little babies went.... Well, I'm waiting for the next time Sue has Pachyclada seeds.
    Sue did I read you have Fungii(sp?) seeds ???? I'll e-mail you, and thanks for being such a sweetie and sharing your hoya babies with us.
    alba in Hawthorne,CA

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,

My pachyclada seeds are doing fine, I'm unable to take pictures, my husband still at hospital, and things are really difficult around here!

Hi Alba, I hope you get better asap, I know how sad you must be with all your casualty.

This is very interesting, your seeds never arrived and you are so closer to them, and they made all the way to Brazil!

As soon as possible I'll post some pictures, whenever things return to its normal way! Praying for that!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitzi

• cyclonenat
    12 years ago

can anyone share some seeds with me please i know its a risk

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hi Cyclonenat,

Aren't you outside the USA? Your member page doesn't say, (but I seem to recall NZ?)

Not sure it's OK to send seeds to other countries, if you are outside the USA, could you pls. find this out?

Besides, just now we're headed into Winter, likely seeds are finishing for this year (at least on the East Coast), best wait 'til next year I'm guessing.

• alba_gardener
    12 years ago

Hi Mitzi,
    Can you believe that you got your Pachyclada seeds and mine got lost ..??? Your babies seem to be doing great. I'm still getting myself back on track after losing so many loved ones..I know it takes time..but it's difficult.I've posted on your facebook wall, but haven't heard from you. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, hope he gets better very soon.
    If you ever make it back to LA call me so we can have "lunch."I'm going to visit your aunt....soon.
    alba in Hawthorne, CA

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi Alba,

I havent't seen your post on my facebook. I will return to LA but just don't know when, but for sure I'll be in touch.

My husband has a very rare disease called WHIPPLE disease, around 1.777 hundreds people has this disease, can you believe that? We have no idea where he got it (it is a bacteria)he almost died, but know he is getting better because he is doing the correct treatment. My aunt's name is Daltiva, and I think you'll like her!

Mitzi in Brazil

• Ament
    12 years ago

Mitzi,

Sorry to hear about your DH, grateful they found out what was wrong and are treating him! XoXo Send him a get well and a hug! Hugs for you too dear! =)

~Tina

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Mitzi, I almost fell off my chair when I saw what your husband was diagnosed with. My father died from Whipple's Disease in 1961. At that time the doctors weren't sure what was wrong with him. For about two years before the diarrhea started, he was having problems with arthritis of his wrists and ankles. They treated him with large doses of asprin. It wasn't until 1961 that they finally found out what was wrong. For him it was too late. They put him on gluten free diets and tried other diets as well. He went from weighing over 200 lbs. down to 70 lbs. when he passed away.
    Thru the yearss they have made great progress in treating this very rare disease. Please remember that I will pray for your husband's quick recovery. Keep positive and you boths will get thru this trying time. God Bless!!

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Thank you Tina and Ima

Although they know a little bit more about this disease, it is a serious disease because when you discover what you have the damage is already done in your body! He lost a lot of weight, he is very weak now, having so many complications.... but I'm sure he will recover, he is young (34 years) so he has great possibility to recover. This is a very strang disease! He treated for several years his disease as an arthritis!!!! And this is very common in patients with Whipple, they only discover the disease when other symptoms appears after several years of wrong treatment.

Ima does your father lived in rural zone (countryside)???? The prevalence of this disease is among farmers suggesting that it could be a zoonosis.

Just for curiosity my husband never had diarrhea, he had lymphadenopathy and abdominal pain and cramps besides the arthritis!

Thank you very much

Mitzi from Brazil

• Ament
    12 years ago

Yikes!

Well, I am grateful it wasn't as long as mine took. The dr's took 9 yrs to diagnose me. Fibromyalgia. Miserable wretches. I even had dr's try and tell me it was all in my head! LOL buggers! IBS TMJ Migraines, aches and pains, sharp hurts, throbbing pains, ringing in my ear, not sleeping, restless legs just to name some of it! It's crazy really. Because if you read up on Fibromyalgia, many of these symptoms are right there plain as day. Made me want to scream at the Dr's. Which doesn't do one bit of good. =)

Thankfully your DH has a fairly good chance now, I read up on Whipple last night. Rotten disease, deadly if not caught and treated, but survivable if treated! Which is a very good thing for him. Now that they know what he has, if he has flare-ups, they know exactly what to do. Please be sure to keep us updated on his progress Mitzi.

Hugs to you and your hubby

~Tina

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Mitzi, my father was in the U.S. Marine Corps., for 25 years. He was at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. He had traveled to many countries during his time in the service. In the beginning, they treated him for arthritis, but when he started with the diarrhea, they thought maybe he had sprue, or some other 'foriegn' disease that he caught in another country. Unfortunatley, by the time they figured out what he had, it was too late. At that time, there were only about a dozen cases known.
    Praying for your hubby for a quick recovery.

• alba_gardener
    12 years ago

Mitzi,
    I will let you know when I go downtown to meet your aunt, I'm looking forward to meeting her.
    I posted on FB this evening because you posted in Brazilian and I kind of made out what you were expressing. It has to be so very difficult for you, trying to handle everything in your life when your dear husband is so ill. But know that your always in my thoughts and I'm sending you and your huband love and strength .
    Your friend,
    Alba in Hawthorne,CA

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Mitzi, I'm very happy to hear your husband's condition is being correctly addressed. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Family and friends always push themselves to the limits in these situations, but you need support for what you're going through just like he does. We're all rooting for you both!

Ima, I'm very sorry to hear about what you went through with your father. How wonderful that you are here to support Mitzi with your experiences.

Tina, there's nothing like going through an illness where no one knows exactly how to combat your symptoms. I'm glad no one is telling you you're crazy anymore!

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi my friends,

My husband is at home already, after two months at hospital!

Now we have a very long journey to cross! I'm completely stressed and tired, many things to do at same time, including my job!!!! But greatly he is improving!

Ima, here where I live (Sao Paulo) we have no idea how my husband got this disease, there is only few cases registered in Brazil (less than 10)! He also soffered from arthritis, like your father, and he treated this disease for 8 years, this was the only symptom he had besides the fever and lost a lot of weight, till the final diagnostic last month! In Brazil this disease is very very rare, and they don't have much to inform us, all I got was studies from other countries like Germany, Argentina and US, I'm getting expert on this disease now! But all the literature shows that most of the people with this disease are or were farmers, and my husband has a farm in the South of Brazil, where he lived for 18 years, he was a farmer!!!! Very strange! Some studies suggest that everybory has this bacteria in their body but for some reason only few people contract the disease due to a problem at their immune system, but this is not proven yet.

Thank you everyone for the good wishes, this makes the difference! I only know Alba, which I had the great pleasure to meet when I was in LA, but all of you are in my mind always. Thank you for the friendship.

Mitzi from Brazil

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

So glad to hear your husband is improving, Mitzi! You are both so lucky to have received a correct diagnosis for this rare disease. I've known several people to be diagnosed (perhaps incorrectly) with arthritis at a young age and living with those symptoms is no walk in the park - hopefully all that is behind him now!

Now I'm kind of scared of farms. >_> Which is tough luck for me since I'm going home for Christmas to one. Luckily I'll be doing more drinking than farming. :X

• ima_digger
    12 years ago

Mitzi, glad to hear your husband is home. It' looks like you are learning quite a lot about this terrible disease. It is very good to be informed. I hope you and your husband have a Merry Christmas, and a Healthy Happy New Year.

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Thank you all!

He is improving for sure and I'm getting expert on this disease, even doctors ask me about the latest studies that I have read!

GG don't worry about farms! It was one case in billions of people that live in farms, he probably has an immune (deficiency) problem, it is not proved but it seems everybody has this bacteria in its intestinal flora, but some develop the disease while most of the people doens't!

Mitzi

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Thanks Mitzi ^_^ I will be okay. It's hard to remember to be scared when you're drinking hot cocoa with fresh Jersey milk.

I also think it's awesome that you have become so well read on this disease. You really go at life full throttle.

• Karen G
    last year

Is there anymore pachyclada seeds

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions