Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Compacta blooms finally opening, but... Eeek!!!

Posted by tisha_ z7 OKC (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 12:02

I've never seen a spider like that! It was half black and half white. And it wasn't scared of me at all! Eeek! Any ideas what kind it is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Compacta blooms finally opening, but... Eeek!!!

Neat photo. I'm pretty sure that is a crab spider species. Crab spiders are usually found hunting on flowers.

Mike

o

Congrats on the compacta blooms! I agree with Mike about the spider being a crab spider. I see them in my garden every now and then. I don't get creeped out at the sight of them, because they are beneficial and they are pretty colorful. :)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

lol Congratulations on the blooms! :)

I personal have a mild spider phobia that emerged out of nowhere when I was in my 20s (I never was bothered by them growing up). My higher brain says: we like spiders! But, if I am in the same room as one, I cannot ignore it. Stupid! I think it's good to have a little phobia because everyone's got some embarrassing fear, and acknowledging it makes you more empathetic toward others, when they are the one getting queasy from the view on the bluffs, or skittish around a friendly dog.

I do like looking at pictures of spiders, though! They're cool. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here