Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ima_digger

finally a bloom

ima_digger
12 years ago

This little DS-70 has been blooming but I keep missing the flower. I finally caught a bloom. It's a little blurry because it is so hard to photograph. I've cropped it to see it a little better. Is took about 15 pics and this one is the best so far. I'm sorry it's so big, but I don't know how to make it smaller.

{{gwi:973882}}

Comments (12)

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Awesome! Super cute photo. ^_^ Personally, I don't mind big photos unless I have to scroll, but it's pretty easy to change the photo size.

Right click on the photo and select "View Image Info"
    927px x 914px

Then you just do a little math and divide those numbers by 2 or 4 or 15, depending on how small you want it.
    61.8px x 60.93333333px

Then where you have the photo code in your post, you manually put in the dimensions you want, right after the " that is at the end of your link and before the closing >.

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

It's like raspberry lemonade, so pretty.

Ha ha, the itty bitty version makes me chuckle. It's so cute and postage stamp sized :)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

VERY Pretty Ima!! I love it...Congrats on finally capturing it.

• suetran1
    12 years ago

VERY eye-catching Imma. Lol

• cpawl
    12 years ago

Very nice.People say this ones easy for them but I have had mine for over 3 years and nothing.I will have to be happy looking at others.

• bama_gardener
    12 years ago

ima, beautiful picture! I'm pretty sure this is the same as one I bought from Home Depot earlier this summer and it is blooming. So far I haven't found it to be fragrant. What type of fragrance does yours have? Also, do you find that it drips nectar?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Beverly

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

I love Hoya DS-70!
    It's the most care free little thing and it blooms like crazy when it's happy. There are many peduncles on my plant that have almost 2" of old bloom scars, that's amazing staying power for peduncles!
    Congratulations on the blooms and in time I know you will be as impressed with this little Hoya as I am.

Beverly this one smells after dark and it is sweet like buttery caramel. I like the smell but I know at least one person who thinks it smells like sweaty gym socks.

Mike

• peanut01
    12 years ago

Lol - Mike

One time I had some people over and I let everyone have a whiff of DS-70 fragrance. Everyone loved it except my brother in law. He said it smelled like sweaty socks.

Interesting... I wonder if there is a whole subclass of people who think DS-70 smells like sweaty socks.

• rennfl
    12 years ago

Nice job getting a picture of the blooms. I love this plant as well. Once it gets blooming, it just keeps on blooming and blooming.

And I'm in the buttery caramel camp.

Renee

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Oh, to be cursed with the sweaty sock nose! At least you wouldn't be alone.

• ima_digger
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't notice any fragrance. I went out late last night just to sniff it. There is only one bloom on it. There was one two weeks ago somewhere else on plant that I didn't see it until it was dried up.
    On another note: I noticed a spicy fragrance sort of like medicinal. I searched all my hoya and then I discovered my lacunosa 'Royal Flush' had a peduncle. Just one. It wasn't opened yet. I checked it every day for a few days before it opened. I kept smelling the fragrance. Once it opened, the fragrance disappeared. ??? What gives on that?
    Any one else notice that?

• tammypie
    12 years ago

Cuteness!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions