Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrynsmom

H. myrmecopa

wrynsmom
13 years ago

Oh my! Did you see this on eBay? I'm thinking I'm QUITE tempted by this one . . . but he's got so many nice ones listed.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: H. myrmecopa

Comments (10)

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Cute! Now, are there varieties of myrmecopa with different colored flowers or are the variations I'm seeing between pale pale pale yellow to medium yellow to peachy orange simply due to growth conditions?

• PRO
    SRQHoyas
    13 years ago

Great looking plant and the flowers are very cute too! This one seems easy to grow but a little cumbersome to root so getting this large plant would be the way to go...Joni

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

GG, No idea about the different colored flowers. I really like the leaves. :)

Joni, thanks! I think it would be a nice addition. We'll see what happens with the bidding!

Did you guys look at the other plants being offered? Awesome!

Carolyn

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

I did... ... I fail at saying no.

dmichael: 2
    greedyghost: 0

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

GG: Nice! I'll try not to bid against you. ;)

Carolyn

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

There are different colour forms of this species and there are some related species with flowers that at a glance look similar but that are actually quite different.

Paul Shirley offers a few different varieties of this species (unconfirmed) under the catalog codes of GPS 8839, GPS 8841, GPS 8842. Take a look at the Paul Shirley Succulents page for photos.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul Shirley Succulents

• dmichael619
    13 years ago

Mike, there's actually more!!! My clone came from Paul Shirley and is sp. Sulawesi GPS 8840 (aka) myrmecopa IML 1373 in the Iris Liddle catalog and this particular clone is listed as being the TYPE plant.

I also have the IML 1375 clone but it has been quite the problematic grower where as the IML 1373 clone grows very well for me.

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

David I took a look at my plant when I got home tonight and it is GPS 8844 so that's at least two more collections of this species or related species that are in Paul Shirley's collection than I had mentioned earlier.

Anotne of Dischidia.com has a really nice set of photos of this species up on his site as well if anyone is interested.

The link below shows a related species that has a beautiful large yellow corona and white corolla, the leaves that are also quite different from Hoya myrmecopa's and show veining and are lance shaped. I have a small plant of this species and it has been a slow grower for me.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya sp 25

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

What a neat little grouping of plants. I started to feel like a jeweler, peering at all the photos, trying to make comparisons and contrasts.

Mike, that sp. 25 is very sweet. I love the embossed look of the veining.

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OOOOOO, Mike! That's pretty.

Carolyn

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996
More Discussions