Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alba_gardener

Mitzicos hoya cuttings

alba_gardener
12 years ago

Hi Guys,

Well, Mitzi and I finally met on Thursday. I picked her up at her hotel and brought her to my house, so she could see my hoyas. She picked out the ones she didn't have and I gave her cuttings. We had a very nice afternoon talking about our favorite subject "hoyas." I 'm so glad that we met and that I could give her some hoya cuttings. I just hope the cuttings make it back to Brazil...

Mitzi, call me before you leave so we can "do lunch."

alba in hawthorne

Comments (16)

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

That is SO Cool Alba!! How really nice of your to share your hoya cuttings with Mitzi! Sounds like you guys had a nice time and I'm sure she's thrilled to get some wonderful hoya cuttings from you. Mitzi, please let us know if they make it to Brazil safely! We're all rooting(excuse the pun,lol) they make it safe and sound!

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Oh how excellent, so glad you got to get together. I wish Mitzicos has/had a safe trip home.

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Wonderful! How nice for you both to have tea and Hoya chat. I think Mitzi would be a fun one to meet for sure. And you're a real sweetie for hooking her up and taking on the role of ambassador for US/Brazil Hoya relations. ^_~

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi Alba and everyone,

I had the great pleasure to meet Alba and she gave me wonderful cuts, I'm very glad! They are here in hotel in water, waiting for the long trip back to Brazil.

Thank you very much Alba, it was wonderful to meet you and talk to you! Before I leave I want to go shopping with you, as we talked!

I'm receiving more cuts for a very special person, and I received already cuts from another person, they arrived yesterday! So I'm going back with many many cuts!

This is wonderful, I'm very glad and would like to thank you all for sharing your cuts with me!

I also bought some from Ted Green but it didn't arrive yet. I just wonder to know how I'm going to take them back with me... it will be a big emotion, hope they don't open my suitcase! Some cuts I was looking for I didn't find like sussuela, noelle and jenifer, unfortunately Joni didn't have some of my most wanted cuts, so I'll have to order from Brazil and see if they arrive alive!

I met here very sweetie people and would like to thank all of them for the wonderful gift they gave me! Thank you!!!

Mitzi

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Today I'll try to post some pictures here of the great gifts I received from my vitual and real friends here! Very glad, just don't know how I'm going to take all the cuts with me LOL!!!!

Mitzi

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

So happy you're having a good time and making good progress expanding your collection. It sure will be fun to see your pictures as they flourish in Brazil. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your suitcase looks super innocent when you depart. Maybe put some Hello Kitty stickers on the top. ^_~

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi GG,

I think my suitcase is going to be very suspicious..... the prices here are so good that I'm buying many things.... don't know what is going to happen, but will keep my fingers crossed!!! I want to buy some spices that is not available in Brazil also, so if they open I'm in trouble!

Mitzi

Mitzi

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

I too think it's really cool you two got to meet up. I wish you good luck on getting those cuttings home, Mitzi! Maybe if you wind them up into a wreath shape they'll just think it's some bit of home decor.

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

I'm thiking to put them inside my pants and shirts... let's see, on the right time I'll think about something!!!!

Mitzi

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hi Mitzi,

Pls. excuse the broken Portuguese (everyone else, this is just a caution I'm sharing w/ her, as I'm thinking the clothes isn't the best idea. Then again, maybe Mitzi's just kidding.)

Si eu estava fazendo isto, eu nao botaria as plantas dentro das minhas ropas, e obviou demas que estar tentando esconder. Eu acho que eu ficaria mas innocente como " mi desclupa, eu nao sabia que era prohibido trazer plants de fora do Brazil, e tambem, e a minha primera vez..."

(PG) Karen

who wishes you Boa Sorte (good luck)!

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi Karen,

Now I have no idea how I'm going to take all the cuts back home!!! Today when I came back to the hotel, I received a big, big box, from a nice friend of this forum, plus the plants I bought from Ted Green.... I took pictures, but some how the computer is not reading the card. I have to change the card and take another ones.

So I received gifts from 3 special friends here, they all gave me the best of the best!!!! I don't have words (specially in English) to explain my thanks for those special people.....

As soon as I post the pictures you all will understand what I'm trying to say!

well I'm going back to my roon and will take pictures, so you're going to understand....

Karen, please help me think how can I take all the cuts to Brazil........ please.......

Thank you

Mitzi

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Here is the marvilous gifts

• alba_gardener
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mitzi,
    Call me so we can set up a day to do "lunch" and maybe some shopping before you leave. I'm so glad you were able to get more hoyas to take back to Brazil.
    Hope to see you soon.
    alba in Hawthorne,

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi Alba,

Yesterday I went to Best Buy close to your house, but I forgot your phone number, I thought so much about you, felt so sad with me for not paying attention to take your phone number with me....... tomorrow I'm going to downtown, jewelry district...... thinking of you!!!! I'll call you next week ok? Will be a great pleasure to see you again, talk, talk and talk, and have lunch or going shopping! Thank you very much for your kindness.

Now I put your number on my phone, so I won't forget it anymore.

Mitzi

• quinnfyre
    12 years ago

Wow! That's a lot of cuttings! I wish I had good suggestions about how you can get them home with you, but I have no idea. I wish you good luck though!

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions???? LOL

Mitzi

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions
More Discussions