Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stevenwayne_gw

anyone have a hoya pachylada

stevenwayne
12 years ago

I've tried to order it three times and they always say that they are out of stock . Im wondering if anyonene could take a cutting. That I could get I have real common hoyas I have a hoya obvato with a spike that I could trade or postage. Ps. The reason I put it here is because the trade page wasn't loading Idk

Comments (6)

• theplanthoarder
    12 years ago

There is one currently up on eBay if you want to go the auction route.

Michelle

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Sue just sent me some seeds, so if I get more than one(which is VERY likely, since all look like they are going to germinate! yay!!!!), I'd be more than glad to trade you for a bit of your obovata, which I do not have. I'll let you know once they get to growing pretty well- I wouldn't want to send a baby and have it die on you!

• eileen44_gardener
    12 years ago

OMG... the perfect thread... maybe!.. I couldn't wait to get home from work to ask about "pachyclada"...

Sue... Firstly... want to thank you a million for sharing your seeds with me... they came today.. beat Irene to New England!..... I came home at lunch to let the dog out and grab a quick lunch... but.. the seeds were in the mailbox... oh joy... had the soil on the kitchen counter awaiting their arrival!...sooo beautiful with their fluffy silking coating!...

Here's where I need help.. though I don't think there is any help for me now!... ugh.. I very carefully picked up each seed (all 21 of them)... I thought ...wow if they all germinate.. even if half make it... so many to share and to grow!... put some soft AV soil into a plastic container (tater salad came in it).. it is easily 6 or 7 by 5??? took each seed with a bit of fluff.. so I could see where each one was sitting... gently pressed onto the top of the soil, which I had carefully and conservatively spritz first with water...put the lid on.. wrote the date etc on the top... and put it on the 2nd shelf of my lovely bakers rack in the kitchen... about 3 feet from the window... not in direct sun.. but afternoon sun was coming around.. so light.. and then, being the newbie that I am... I looked at them... and thought they might need some carbon dioxide... so did a quick breathing thing under the carefully lifted corner of lid... placed it back.. wondered if it needed better light... picked it up and fumbling fingers dropped it to the floor all the while I'm saying ..NOOOOOOO!.. gently picked it up and saw that though it did land on its bottom,,, much of soil from one end... shifted to the other end!....cannot tell you how stupid I felt... so I opened it and carefully took the point of a knife and carefully lifted those I could see and a few that were not too covered...so probably less than half.. are not smothered in soil... Will someone please rescue my guilty conscience and tell me that ... for the most part they still have a "good" chance...of at least germinating!... Sue... I'm so sorry.. I said I'd keep you posted... didn't think it would be so soon!... HELP... Eileen

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Seeds don't need carbon dioxide they have their own food reserves so don't worry about that. Just keep them moist and in bright light and wait, they should germinate quite soon.

Mike

• suetran1
    12 years ago

If you want try some Pachy. seeds, I still have some.
    suetran1@hotmail.com

• suetran1
    12 years ago

Steve, did you email me? I did not have your envelope, please send me your address so I can send you the seeds.
    suetran1@hotmail.com

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County