Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help ID Hoya...

Posted by gplainshoya midwest zone 6 us (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 14:03

Got this whizzing thru Home Depot while running errands. It was $10.98 but they sold it to me for $6 because I complained the soil was mildewed/ fungussed---white layer on soil..eeww.

At first I though it was h. nummularoides. Now I am not so sure. Damn HD...they don't label their plants. From Costa Farms. Tried calling them...very rude...how dare someone ask what their plant is!

Description: Young leaves are pubescent and elliptical. Some older leaves are rounder and shinier, on the same stem. I am puzzled. More pics to follow...since I can only upload one at a time.

THANKS in advance...."gplainshoya"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help ID Hoya...Pic #2

...pic #2

o
RE: Please help ID Hoya...#3

pic#3

o
RE: Please help ID Hoya...#4

#4, unknown hoya

o
RE: Please help ID Hoya...#5

Unknown hoya #5 pic

o
RE: Please help ID Hoya...

it looks like the plant i have thats labeled h. nummularioides

o

thanks Amber...that was my best 1st guess. Just have never seen mature leaves on Numm. like that. Are your mature leaves like the ones in my pic...some rounder, less fuzzy?

thank you,
"gplainshoya"

o

my plant isint very big yet, i just recieved it as a cutting back in june, but i have noticed that the older leaves are less fuzzy than the new leaves... they are still fuzzy, just not quite as fuzzy...

o

I'm sure it's nummularioides. I got a beautiful large EA basket earlier in the summer and it has stayed gorgeous. Good thing because a nummulariodes I ordered from an online vendor came with about 3 sticks that promptly died. Funny thing, i paid about the same for those sticks as I did for the gorgeous EA basket.

I've never tried to contact Costa Farms but they have been putting out some great baskets of plants this summer. There is never a name, not even hoya. I believe they grow plants only for Lowes and HD.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here