Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya collina, anyone familiar? Pretty!

Posted by Ren_Flowers none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 14:13

Hey everyone! ( I know I haven't been posting, busy life has turned me into a lurker! )

I've been drooling over the pretty leaves on Hoya collina.. I'm really considering making an order but I have no idea how to care for it! Does anyone have any idea? I really only have 'easy care' hoyas right now.. Any tips would be great ^_^;

Here it is!
Another plant

As a side note I just placed an order with TT (3-5day shipping, est 10day before they proccess the order) and Gardino (2day shipping, mailed out immediately). Will post pics!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya collina, anyone familiar? Pretty!

Here's mine. As you can see, it's still pretty small. I got it last July. No special care needs at all. I like it!

Untitled

o

GG :) thanks for the info. The leaves look nice ontop of that cloth you have there. I don't know how you have the energy to keep up with the forums! It's just too much for me to be consistent with haha.

I'm still deciding, I think I might fill it's place with hoya benguetensis. (Though I've read the fragrance is sour!)

o

Also look for Hoya sp Biak or Hoya sp IR 26 from Irian Jaya which is the Western half of Papua New Guinea. These two are probably also Hoya collina or a closely related species.

Mike

o

• Posted by Klea 4b (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 21:24

Here is a picture of my H. sp. IR 26. It came to me labeled as H. collina (IR 26). So it's not for sure my IR 26 is collina then, Mike? I didn't know that. I guess there is something new to learn everyday! :)

It's such a lovely plant. Small leaves with a reddish tint to them, even in moderate light. I bought it in May this year, so it's still small, but it's growing nicely. It doesn't seem to be a troublemaker who demands special treatment - not yet anyway. lol :)

Hoya collina (sp. IR 26)

o

I have both H. collina and IR 26 and find them quite different...Klea's looks like IR 26, G.G.'s looks like H. collina..which gets a bright red if grown in very bright light, but without the pronounced "splashing". I think Mike is right that they're closely related..but, they are also quite different from one another. Do not over-water these hoyas..their roots rot easily..use a very fast-draining mix and go easy on the watering...I water every 7 days. I hope this helps..at least someone! Fondly, Patrick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here