Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Explosive new growth :)

Posted by flower.baby southern oregon (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 14:23

I just wanted to share some pics of my hoyas summering outside since they have all exploded with new growth :)

The hoya kerrii is 2 plants I just planted together in 1 pot, the looooong new vine is coming out of the plant Denise on Omaha sent me a few months ago. All of the new growth just started 2-3 weeks ago!

The Hindu rope I've had for 2 years and it hasn't grown an inch until the last couple weeks it just started showing new growth tips.

The hoya obovatas I just ordered and already have some new leaves.

Hoya latifolia hasn't started showing new growth yet, but I just repotted all of them and that usually gets them growing for me :)

Then there is my grandmas old plain hoya that is my favorite but sadly got badly sunburned in the car and I lost about 75 percent of it :( I included a before picture of what it used to look like.

Anyway, enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And a couple randoms...

Sorry they all ended up sideways :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Explosive new growth :)

• Posted by Klea 4b (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 20:48

Nice collection of hoyas and succulents you have there. Oh, and I really LOVE the spotted ... begonia, is it?

o

Thank you! And yes, those are begonias. Some of my new favorites. One is begonia "flamingo queen" and the other is begonia maculata "wightii".

o

That are very pretty plants! I love the Hindu Rope and are those Epiphyllum? Gorgeous! What color are the blooms? Thank you for sharing! My Kerrii is about to bloom also :).

o

Thanks, yes the first epiphyllum is an unknown color, and the second is a night blooming cereus which has white blooms.

o

Very NICE and all so healthy!! Congrats on the blooms on your Kerrii. You do have a nice collections of plants :o)

o

Thank you puglvr1, the kerrii has boomed 3 times since I got it in march! These buds are about ready to fall off, and it already looks like new ones are getting ready to bud up :)

o

Your kerrii looks nice in a hanging basket. I think I'm going to grow mine this way, too. I've been keeping it SO close to the lights so maybe the growth would stay more compact, but idk how well it's working...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother carnosa burn, but it looks like it's in good shape now. (Nice save.) I bet it reaches the original size in a couple years, growing outdoors in such a good spot.

o

Thanks greedyghost, I prefer the Kerrii in a hanging basket also. They grow pretty wild and it hard to get them to look compact :/

The parts I saved of my grandmas Hoya are pretty healthy ad have new baby leaves, but haven't started to branch off and vine yet, fingers crossed!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here