Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unknown id help

Posted by elsier z6 KY (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 26, 11 at 15:59

I have a Hoya with purplish-red and green leaves. Can you give me some suggestions about the variety so I can research it? Thanks.

Elsie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unknown id help

I wish everyone could post an exact photo any plant in question.

o

Hmmm,,,a possibility might be Hoya lacunosa Royal Flush. Small leaves and color would depend on how much sun it receives. With more sun the leaves turn the deep plum and vine does too. Just a guess!,,,,Debbie

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya lacunosa Royal Flush picture

o

I was thinking DS-70, which goes to show how inadequate the description provided is. LOL! A lacunosa cultivar is a good idea though.

Elsie, RFG is right, a picture is really needed for us to be able to help out much. MANY MANY Hoya leaves turn purplish red in moderate to high light. ^_^

If you purchased your Hoya at a big box store, you might consider going to the EA website and looking through their Hoya selection, as it is likely to be one of theirs.

Good luck!

o

Maybe Krimson Queen?

Lisa

o

Are the leaves big or small? Hoya australis ssp. tenuipes new leaves are often dark red/burgundy.

o

This post reminds me of the blind lady joke, where she is feeling an object to know what it is. Just post a pic or refer us to a pic pnline, paste and copy the html code. Thanks!

o

Thanks for the suggestions. It turns out to be Hoya Carnosa tricolor.

E

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here