Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Buotii Blooms...

Posted by puglvr1 9b central FL (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 17:32

I was very excited to see my Buotii finally blooming, Yellow blooms are one of my favorites...I love the little hairs on the edges. Thanks for looking!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Buotii Blooms...

One more...

o

Congratulations! Very pretty! So fuzzy!!!

o

Pug Thanks for sharing your photos. I also love yellow flowers but no luck seeing any at my place.

o

Those are so pretty!! I'll be watching mine closely now!

Denise in Omaha

o

Gorgeous Pug!

I haven't bloomed mine yet, but it grows well, so I continue to hope.

Renee

o

Thanks everyone! Teisa, Fuzzy is definitely a much better word to describe it,lol...but I drew blank when I was typing and all I could think of was "hairy" :o)

Cindy, Denise and Renee keep a close eye on yours...mine seemed to have popped out of nowhere. I had some issues with mine several months ago, some of the leaves had some yellowing on the veins. I decided to change the potting mix and added a 1/4 tsp of Epsom salts to my gallon of fertilizer, applied it once a week or so and it finally cleared up the yellow leaves...they are nice and green again :o)

o

Lovely, mine keep blasting! How is the scent?

o

Thanks emt...I grow this one outside so I don't notice the scent when its weak...I did go outside and sniffed it.. I wouldn't say it smelled great it has a weak scent to me but not a bad scent.

o

So pretty. Can't wait for mine to flower. Congrats

o

Mine also keeps blasting.I might at the end of summer mover her to a bigger pot.She seems to dry out to fast.

o

• Posted by Klea 4b (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 17:28

Congratulations on your buotii! Very beautiful! Mine flowered for the first time this summer too. They have the most exquisite flowers, and the smell is not too bad - although I find it very strange. To me it has a soft scent of peaches with a hint of smoked salmon ... :P

o

Thanks Dory!

Cindy, maybe repotting it will do the trick....good luck!

Hi Klea...Congrats on your blooms! I love your description on the scent,lol...I think you might have nailed it! :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here