Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pirate_girl

My knotted Hydro Kerri's first Blooms

pirate_girl
11 years ago

Well, it's finally happened: this was the night before, the excitement was building, showed up best in silhouette.

{{gwi:99865}}

This is especially exciting for me as it's the first Hoya bloom I've ever had from scratch (from a cutting I started 2 yrs. ago).

I've had other people's cuttings bloom for me, sometimes in a cup of water while waiting to root, or in a sealed baggie doing the same; but never from one I've grown myself & this one is hydro at that (by the seat of my pants experiments, little fertilizer too).

Pls. excuse how new I am at taking pix of blooms, lots to learn & these were at dusk since I couldn't contain my excitement 'til the next morning.

Notice how ratty looking these 2 irregular leaves are, then came the peduncles which appeared & then started budding up immediately.

{{gwi:99866}}

This guy is so heavy, note the clips, twist ties, binder clips & rubber bands, all to keep this thing upright (I hope)

{{gwi:99868}}

I'm pretty thrilled & it's got 2 more budding penduncles higher up that I could shoot.

I forget for the moment who recently shared her Kerrii's blooming schedule w/ me, but it's right on the money, thanks for that preview & everybody's encouragement!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH