Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
got a little snap happy.......................

Posted by dmichael619 8a (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 27, 10 at 20:38

with the camera this afternoon!!!!! A lot of things are blooming so I had to take some pictures!!!

acuta "Borneo" i'm pretty sure this is not an accurate ID for this hoya but it's how it came labeled to me so it'll stay as such until I can find out more about it.
Photobucket

Hoya benguetensis, one of my favorites. I love the burnt orange color of the corollas with that contrasting raspberry corona!!!!
Photobucket

This is H. bicknellii. I've been trying to get a half way decent pic of it now for about a month and finally got one that will work!!
Photobucket

this one's a little better!! This one has proven to be a bit tricky to photograph for me.
Photobucket

This is one of several clones of H. flavida that I grow. This one came from Asiatica Nursery. The others came from D.L> with IML #'s and collection data.This is the first time this hoya has bloomed.
Photobucket

Lacunosa "Ruby Sue" usually blooms with a bit more of a pinkish purple tint to the flowers but I have it growing in lower light than usual.
Photobucket

This is an unidentified species from David Liddle. It's sp. India IML 1598. It is currently being sold in the states as hoya griffithi. IT IS NOT HOYA GRIFFITHII. It looks absolutely nothing at all like hoya griffithii leaf wise flower wise or any other way, shape or form.There's one currently on Ebay if it hasn't already ended but i'm afraid who ever gets it will end up being disappointed in the end because they are not going to be getting what they think they're getting. The IML # for the TRUE hoya griffithii is 1856.
Photobucket

another awesome color combination apple green and brick red!!! H. cinnimomifolia
Photobucket

H. cv. Noelle.
Photobucket

Carnosa krinkle 8
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: got a little snap happy.......................

this link will show you what the REAL hoya griffithii looks like.

http://www.growinghoyas.com/hoya_griffithii.htm

o
RE: ::got a little snap happy..........................

try this one!!

Here is a link that might be useful: the real griffithii

o

Very nice collection you have there - thank you so much for sharing! I love them all!

o

Fabulous . . .but H. benguetensis is still my fave of all those! I love the contrast.

Carolyn

o

Fantastic photos David, such a variety of species.
The Hoya benguetensis and cinnimomifolia are both so colourful, real show stoppers.
The Hoya bicknellii is a neat plant. I was able to get a cutting recently and was surprised by the size of the leaves. Has your plant been a good grower and bloomer?

I added a link to another great photo of Hoya griffithii.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Swedish Hoya Society Hoya griffithii photos

o

Carolyn and MIke, benguetensis is one of my favorites as well I especially like this photo from today because of the spider web in the background. Not sure what kind of spider it is and don't care to know as i'm TERRIFIED of them but the pic is cool!!
We have some sort of little spider here that comes out a night and weaves it's web in open areas to catch night flying insects. In the morning it destroys it's own web and retreats back to where ever it goes during the daytime,leaving partial webs all over the place and that's how this one came to be.

Mike thanks for posting that link to hoya griffithii. Everyone can actually see now what the real plant looks like. There's a couple of U.S. growers who are making big $$$ selling sp India IML 1598 as griffithii and at lest one doing so knowingly.

I have 2 small plants of the IML 1856 (true griffithii) and they have proven to be very slow growers. I also have the yellow/gold flowering clone from Botonova and it seems to grow just a bit faster than the white flowering one.I have 2 peduncles on the yellow one but so far no flowers!!

o

Great photos of so many pretty hoyas. I was going to order H. benguetensis before Asiatica went out of business but now I wish I had ordered it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here