Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aggie2_gw

H. obscura in bloom

Aggie2
11 years ago

Hi All,

I got this H. obscura from Gardinos in January, it's a small plant with two vines and one peduncle. I think it's a perfect small fluffy flower!

Comments (7)

• Aggie2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And a back , it looks like some kind of sea creature, tiny urchin or polyp! :o)

• luvidaho_2010
    11 years ago

WOW Aggie, beautiful picture, both the bloom and the photography! I think I will have to check out Gardino's again. I have been avoiding looking at their website, too much temptation. Thanks for sharing.
    Tami

• Kittee-Bee Berns
    11 years ago

That is one cute bloom bundle. I love it!
    xo
    kittee

• Klea
    11 years ago

It's nice to see photographs of the back of the flowers too. One can always find pictures of the front of the flowers - but the back? So often overlooked! It's cool to see how it curls back on itself to create those perfect round flowers. :) And the fuzzy pink is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us.

• mdahms1979
    11 years ago

Beautiful photos Aggie! I love the colour of the blooms. My plant is also in bloom with four or five groups of flowers but they are much lighter in colour. Gotta love this Hoya.
    I agree that it's great to see photos from different angles, flower parts, or full plant shots. You can't really get a feel for a plant of you only ever see a close up of the flowers. The Swedish Hoya Society site is a great example of a place to see detailed sets of photos of many different species.

Mike

• golden_ca_2000
    11 years ago

Very Beautiful! I just happened to notice mine has a flower coming along - hiding in the back where I couldnt see it - so it was a surprise!
    Great close up shot also!

• Aggie2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all, I'm so happy that some hoyas are flowering!
    I'm waiting on Albiflora with third peduncle blasting and Mathilde throwing peduncle after peduncle and all this effort for nothing =(

Mike, I got only one peduncle but in am Miami sun it's crazy pink! It's interesting how the plant is changing from sun and temperature. I got it in the winter from Gardinos with couple of small red leaves and newest ones bright green. All winter leaves were way bigger and green, and when it got really hot here all new growth is red and leaves are tiny! Also all my hoyas look like bearded monsters, insane number of aerial roots are growing on most of my plants and not much foliage! Carnosa is climbing walls and reaching roof of my patio, kerrii got 4 feet of vine with roots only! Hope all will start growing foliage when it gets cooler, or I will need to chop it all. :o)
    Aggie

Sponsored