Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is my Rigida doing?

Posted by tigerdawn 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 12, 11 at 22:20

I noticed these growths at the bases of some of the leaves on my H. rigida. Any thoughts? Sorry about the spider mites, there's no winning with them this summer.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is my Rigida doing?

TD,

I don't know why hoya rigida does this but it does!!!! Mine has done it for years and those little growths always seem to fall off sooner or later.

If you look back at some of my rigida pics on GW you'll notice the same little spirals on many of my plants leaves.

o

Oh good! I thought I had exposed it to too much gamma radiation or something! Lol!

o

That's pretty neat! The first photo makes me think of a root but the second is not root like at all. I wonder if this little growth has been identified? I will have to keep a close eye on my Hoya rigida.
I find that my Hoya meliflua develops little mounds of crystal like slivers from this area of it's leaves but I have not seen this in my other Hoyas.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here