Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya Compacta

Posted by cyclonenat (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 11 at 22:31

The lady i bought the plants off said this plant is a slow grower is she right? Its very small at the moment and only has one vine and its still growing upright?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya Compacta

A photo is worth a lot in words.

o

im thinking this young plant is in to big a pot as it is quite small, if i water less,should it be alright in the same pot?

o

I once had a small Hoya Compacta variegated. That thing got mealies and I finally got rid of them. Then I gave this hoya to my SIL who kept it in her garden window. It didn't do anything, so I'd say yes, it's a slow grower.

TammyPie

o

The varigated forms are much slower than the all green one, but yes...they are slower than a lot of other types of hoyas. Mine also does not like to dry out very much.

o

ok cool thanks for the info yay spring is on the way hope my plants grow well his year

o

OK, so we're talking about Hoya carnosa "compacta" there used to be a mislabeled plant called hoya compacta but I thought the name was discontinued, but when I saw it again, I wasn't sure any more.

o

yeah the curly one

o

I have 3 of them, green and both variegated. I have t disagree with opinion of them as slow growers. At least for me. It's true that they seem not to grow much in lenght during season, but mine produce much more leaves than any other of my hoyas. One thing, it took them ages to establish and start growth but once they did - it's madness. All of them at least doubled their size this season. New leaves are much bigger and fleshier than old ones (this is their first growing season so all the old leaves come from the nursery).
I dare say they like it a bit cooler then warmer. Seems to do them good apparently

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here