Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrynsmom

New plants!

wrynsmom
13 years ago

Okay, I got a few more hoyas, today . . .

H. kastbergii

H. subglabra

H. marginata

H. vitellina IML 1348

H. glabra

H. cv. Christine

H. latifolia

H. globulosa

H. graveolens

H. flavida IML 0118

H. arnottiana

H. macrophylla (variegated)

H. pottsii IML 0022

H. monetteae

H. vitiensis

Do you think I might have a problem? hahahaha

Pictures to come!

Carolyn

Comments (11)

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Uh... that is a few? Ha! I think I like your definition of a few...

I'm excited to see vitiensis bloom. I'm definitely jumping the gun there, because it's way too early. But they look so neat in pictures. Is that pottsii the blue-green one?

What really amuses me about graveolens is Ted Green's description of the way it smells - "UGH!" Ha ha. Definitely one I am NOT getting, as I grow almost all my hoyas in my room. But it looks nice.

Great haul!

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I like my definition, too. ;) I never expect blooms . . . that way I can be SUPER EXCITED when I get them! :)

The pottsii IS the one described as having the blue-green blooms.

On graveolens, I just think the plant looks so darn cool! I grow everything in my living room, so . . . I hope some of them NEVER bloom! hahaha

Thanks, Quinn!!!!

Carolyn

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Carolyn don't worry none of us will call those intervention people on you. LOL

Hoya garveolens in too cool not to grow because of a little stink and remember many Hoya flowers are only fragrant for a short time each day. I have so many stinky plants that adding another one does not bother me at all, some of the coolest plants in the world smell terrible but the adaptations to attract their pollinators is just as fascinating or more so than the nicely fragrant species.

Mike

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Oh Carolyn. We are going to get into a fight if you keep buying new hoyas whereas I have to give precious plant money to movers... movers!

I don't even want to think about how many stinky flowered cuttings that money could buy!

I'm still going to put in at least two more big cuttings orders before Fall, though, so take that Nebraska!!!!!!!!!!

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Carolyn I just noticed that Hoya marginata is one of your new ones, mind taking a photo once it puts out some new growth? That is an uncommon one with very pretty leaves.

I think I am going to do another little order, can't let you have all the fun now can we. LOL

Mike

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I meant to take pictures, today, but ended up taking the kids bowling, instead. I'll get those done in the morning, Mike. :) Sorry for the delay.

What are you planning on ordering?

GG, no fighting. I'm a peaceful person. ;) hahaha

Carolyn

• geosdee
    13 years ago

Carolyn you are soooo bad. Of course I can't really talk myself, I have achieved quite a long list myself.

Dee

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hahaha! Dee, I just can't help it. They're just so pretty!

Carolyn

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Aw, Mike, let me have some excuses not to get plants, so I can at least attempt to control myself ; ) The rule 'no stinkers' keeps me from checking out all the bulbos I possibly can, for instance. 'No crazy large plants' and 'no full sun lovers' also helps, except for some of those large leaved hoyas that snuck in... Ha ha. I'm having a tiny bit of trouble with 'no cool growers', because I looove masdies, but I can't keep my room cool enough in the summer unless I want to pay way too much in electricity bills.

The hardest rule to follow: 'no more hoyas when there is no more room'. When all I want to do is get a 'few more' hoyas... ha!

• grmadarr
    13 years ago

O.K. you guys!! Where are you getting those plants??
    I'm new at this but have been looking in on you and learning some neat things. Like putting sugar on my old old Hoya.
    Would love to join in and learn more. Any help will be appreciated.

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

grmadarr, I tried to email you, but you have no link! SRQ Hoyas is a good source, several sellers on ebay, but there are several other that cannot be mentioned on the website. Shoot me an email and I'll send you a list of sellers.

Carolyn

Sponsored