Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mindorensis In Full Bloom

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 23:20

Hi everyone,

Here are pictures I took of my mindorensis this morning. I checked it this evening for fragrance and was I ever pleased! It reminds me of honeysuckle but less wafting and more mild. A definitive favorite in my collection! I'll get a picture of the flowers tommorrow.

Mindorensis Blooms 8/24/2010

Mindorensis Blooms 8/24/2010

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mindorensis In Full Bloom

Very nice Brad, congratulations on the blooms! Your description of the fragrance makes me wish I could smell the blooms.

Mike

o

Mike, it also reminds me of lilac or hyacinth (again, powerful perfumed flowers), . I just smelled it again and I lean more towards the lilac scent. Right now, it's my favorite fragrance but I've only smelled carnosa (forget what it smelled like, most people say chocolate), Red Buttons and lacunosa. Lacunosa is pleasant but strong. I read this was a frequent bloomer, so now you know why it's one of my favorites!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

They look lovely, Brad. Mindorensis blooms were among the first that I did flips over when I discovered there was more than one hoya. ^_~ I still think they're awesome.

o

Love the red! Nice growing, Brad. Enjoy!

lisa

o

Congrats!!
Mindorenisis is one of my favorite!

o

Thank you everyone!

Here's a picture I just took of it outside in the sun. Breathtaking!

Photobucket

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Hi Brad;
Those blooms are beautiful. All of the ones I've seen on the forum are just breath taking! Can't wait till one of mine puts out a bloom. I got three new ones for my birthday to go along with my lone Carnosa thats 16 yrs. old.I am really getting into this!! Thanks to all of you and the forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here