Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wrynsmom

There's a sale at SRQ!

wrynsmom
12 years ago

I just looked at Joni's site and she's having a $10 sale!

Carolyn

Comments (34)

• wrynsmom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oops! forgot to give you the link!

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: SRQ Hoyas

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Yeah, it's interesting. It seems this time around she's featuring certain plants every month. There are a lot of my new and old favorites on the sale rack... limoniaca... merrillii... neo-ebudica... obtusifoliodes... panchoi... pauciflora... pimenteliana... siamica... square leaf...

I have to admit I'm curious about orange agantostemma and ridlayi, too... And I seriously want that yummy red siariae.

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

I am pretty sure that orange agantostemma is supposed to be orange Acanthostemma.
    Have any Canadians ordered from Joni, what was your experience like?

Mike

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Ah, that makes sense. I like the Acanthostemma section. I like orange.

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

I think this is probably the plant as I am assuming that it came from Forest Treasures.
    Check out this new alba form of Hoya siariae.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Forest Treasures Acanthostemma species

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Hmmhmm! That's an excellent guess. Seems funny that Joni wouldn't use their label, though. She's usually pretty consistent about keeping IDs and using the Forest Treasures names. I was thinking it might have come her way through trade. I'll have to pester her about it. I like leaves like that - they have such a clean look and good textural feel.

Yeah that alba siariae is totally droolworthy. I think siariae has so much appeal, even not in bloom. I just love the yellow/pink one, too, although it perished for me when I bought it during the winter and Joni hasn't offered it for sale yet, so I guess it must be slower/weaker than the other FT siariaes.

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Oh boy! Christmas came early!! lol Ah, I can only dream of getting a $10 hoya at the moment. If I was getting one, I would pick Square Leaf. It's been on my wish list for sometime now, though I've forgotten about it until now.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• PRO
    SRQHoyas
    12 years ago

Hi all,
    I obtained the H. orange agantostemma from Sweden...labelled as such but now that you have brought it to my attention...I have changed...hopefully corrected the name. Thanks for bringing up this conversation since I like to be accurate!

Joni

• cpawl
    12 years ago

Mike I order from joni a lot but I have a US address and go across and pick them up at my mailing address.She has very nice plants and pretty much got the address just so I could order from her and ted but I guess you are wanting to know if any from Canada has had them shipped to Canada,Right?

Cindy

• Harrison871
    12 years ago

I can't wait! Im getting my paycheck, paying the bills then having a little fun picking plants from jodi *squee* it will be my first big hoya buy :)

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Oh Cindy I am envious. I have two cuttings coming in a group order from Ted Green and I still feel like I over spent. One of those $20 cuttings is currently one of the $10 SRQ sale plants. :(

Mike

• cpawl
    12 years ago

Mike, don't feel to bad,Teds prices include the shipping.What are you getting from Ted?

Cindy

• tigerdawn
    12 years ago

Oh I did NOT need to know that!! There are several I've been wanting from her and I have spending money... But I should be good! But they're HOYAS!! Aaaugh!!

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Cindy I am getting Hoya revolubilis and siamica, two I have wanted for so long that I could not pass up the chance to get them. I have a small Thai order in the mail as well with sp IR26, sp Timor and a yellow Acanthostemma sp from Sulawesi.

Mike

• mitzicos
    12 years ago

Hi everybody,

What a great news! I'm arriving in LA next saturday, so I can buy now and ask for delivery there. Hope the sales continues today!

Mitzi

• mayyan
    12 years ago

mikedahms,

do you have a picture of hoya sp. Timor or any other information about it?

mayyan

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Mayyan all I can tell so far is that Timor is a tropical dry decidious broadleaf forest ecosystem. Being part of Indonesia and down below Sulawesi means Timor is in a Hoya rich area but I have been unable to find specific info on species that have been collected on the island. I do believe that a plant resembling Hoya diversifolia but with smaller leaves may have been collected on the island but I can no longer find the source of that info. I like a good mystery anyways.

Mike

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Mayyan here is the link of one possibility but I won't know what the cutting looks like until it arrives.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya sp aff diversifolia West Timor

• mayyan
    12 years ago

Thanks Mike,
    It's enough info to get one myself :D

mayyan

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Thank for the info Joni! Ahh! I think that just makes it seem more enticing to me. >_>

Mike, I can't wait to hear how this TG Canadian order goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you - you'll have to let us know the moment it arrives.

Who is the yellow acanthostemma from? No wonder you noticed the labeling error on the Swedish specimen so quickly LOL.

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

GG the Yellow Acanthostemma section sp is from Aleya's Garden. The plant is not listed as yellow Acanthostemma but as Hoya sp Sulawesi. I can spot an Acanthostemma section species a mile away because they are some of my favorites.
    I was hoping my Aleya's order would show up today but no such luck.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya sp Sulawesi

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Very cute! Definitely something to be excited about, especially since it's likely to travel well. Aside from the cute little flowers in every shade, I think the foliage of such species is crazy underrated. I guess b/c it just doesn't look that exciting in a picture. But they're very appealing in person, imh(umble)o. Often have a great textural feel, too.

So, what's your favorite Acanthostemma, then, Mike? Since you're such an aficionado and all...

• cpawl
    12 years ago

Mike, I hope all your hoyas make it to you in perfect condition.I really go for yellow flowers but for some reason I seem to kill them. Oh well, I will have to be happy looking at everyone else's .

Cindy

• tigerdawn
    12 years ago

I ordered pauciflora, meliflua ssp. fraterna, nicholsonii, square leaf, Iris Marie, and nummularoides. I had been wanting Square Leaf and Iris Marie for ages, I've heard lots about numm. on here, and the pictures and descriptions pushed me over the edge on the others.

• patrick51
    12 years ago

Mike...hope your cuttings from Ted arive in good shape...they usually do. You picked two fabulous hoyas...revolubilis (often called H. Kunming Kina here in the US, other than by Ted) and H. siamica are well-worth having...be careful not to water revulibilis too much..it tends to like to grow somewhat dry. Congratulations and let us know how they arrived/root/thrive!! Fondly, Patrick

• theplanthoarder
    12 years ago

I just can't stop. I will be up to her 25 orders in no time and get 3 free plants. Joni probably thinks I am crazy always ordering so many plants. Is Diane on here, on Joni's website it says congratulations Diane so I am guessing she made 25 orders. My husband keeps asking where I am going to put all these hoyas because they are growing and we are already short of space. I guess I will have to hang them from the walls. :)

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Thanks Cindy and Patrick. Patrick that's good to know that Hoya revolubilis /Kunmimg Kina likes to dry a little.

Planthoarder I think hanging Hoyas from the walls is an excellent idea!

Mike

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Hi all! I just got my very first SRQ order in this afternoon. I got siamica, naumanii, and neoebudica, and I LOVE THEM! They arrived in great condition, and I'm even thrilled with the magnet she sent(dorky, I know lol). Siamica is even more beautiful in person, as is neoebudica, and I think I made good choices this time around. Although, with Hoyas, can there be any bad ones? lol :)

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

My Thai cutting arrived today and all three are going to make it. A two hour soak in dilute sugar solution and they were left to fend for themselves in a very humid environment until I can get them potted and in the rooting tank.
    kidsandcats it sounds like you will be a return shopper at SRQ!

Mike

• lovingmy4babies
    12 years ago

Most definitely, Mike! I love them! I'm thinking of doing another order right now, actually! lol

• tigerdawn
    12 years ago

My order shipped today and I am so excited!!

• mairzy_dotes
    12 years ago

My money finally showed up in my Paypal, so my order is in now too. Just had to take advantage of the great sale prices and add to it to replace some of my lost ones. Glad she has these sales. :-)

• marco
    12 years ago

I found out that Joni is just across the bridge from me so I am going to make an appointment with her and go 'dream shopping'.

poseidon

• tigerdawn
    12 years ago

Mine came today!! I'll upload pictures later and make a new thread.

Sponsored